collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 572
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Hammy Handed or KobiKazi?  (Read 1092 times)

Offline Scott

Hammy Handed or KobiKazi?
« on: August 28, 2011, 08:46:53 PM »
I didn't get to see the race today, however I managed to see the highlights shortly afterwards.  Saw the Hamilton vs Kobi incident on one of those highlights, and not sure what the chat discussion was like, but it seemed a bit reminiscent of the Vettel/Webber crash last year when as soon as Vettel figured he was past the front wing, no need to check the mirrors, just dive for the racing line and go for it (of course that was ASS-uming that Webber would give way).  Did Hamilton pin the blame on Kobi post race?  I haven't heard yet, but I'd say it was clearly Hamilton who should have checked his mirrors as Kobi had nowhere to go but into him or off on the grass.

Update - I've read Hamilton's comments and he admitted fault 100%.  Good for him (although unfortunate).
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 08:48:30 PM by F1 Scott »

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Willy

Re: Hammy Handed or KobiKazi?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 12:27:52 AM »
It did appear that Hamilton was unconscious for about 15 seconds after the first impact. He did not move a muscle once the car came to a rest from what I saw from the front facing on-board camera.

Jugirl

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 09:10:34 AM »
It was a pleasant change to see him admit 100% fault for an incident  :good: Maybe he is growing up a bit.

I agree Willy, he did seem to be knocked out for a while and was shaky getting out of the car. He also seemed a bit hazy in the interview he gave during the race.

Ju

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 03:13:00 PM »
It did appear that Hamilton was unconscious for about 15 seconds after the first impact. He did not move a muscle once the car came to a rest from what I saw from the front facing on-board camera.

Yeah, I was really worried for a moment.

Although in retrospect, I wonder if he was just trying to figure out how to vanish, rather face Ron Dennis.

Offline Monty

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 04:13:41 PM »
I know Hamilton accepted responsibility but as an ex-driver I can't think of any reason that KobiKazi would try to come up the outside. Any driver would know the car in front would want move to move left to get back on the racing line. Therefore the driver behind would normally fall in behind to be in the best position to exit the corner and look for a chance to get the position back.
In my opinion the accident could and should have been avoided by Kobi.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 04:59:26 AM »
Nah, Hamilton should have known better, just as Vettel should have known better at Turkey last year. Kobi had every right to hold his line, just as Webber did, and knowing it was someone who is aggressive, Hamilton should have stayed a bit inside. it was a racing incident.
Lonny

Offline Scott

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 10:50:03 AM »
I'll add to that - being on the outside going into a hairpin is a great line, especially if you've pressured the inside guy into braking late.  It often allows a re-pass on the way out.  Kobi did right in my opinion.  But I'm biased as it is the Swiss team. :good:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle