collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 211
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16175 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13015 Posts
John S John S
11290 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Kubica to get behind wheel in the next month  (Read 1248 times)

Offline markfarrell9572

Kubica to get behind wheel in the next month
« on: September 09, 2011, 05:44:31 PM »
From Autosprt.com

Robert Kubica is set to get back behind the wheel of either a high-performance car or a simulator within the next month, amid growing confidence from those close to him that he will be able to make a comeback in Formula 1.

The Polish driver is still recovering from serious injuries he suffered in a rally crash in February, and had a final operation on his elbow just two weeks ago.

And with positive news coming about Kubica's rehabilitation, his manager Daniele Morelli said at Monza on Friday that he expected a test in either a car or simulator soon.

"In October we consider that Robert can put a helmet on his head just to give a message of what he will be capable to do," Morelli told reporters inside the Renault motorhome.

"We are not talking of course of Formula 1 right away, but it is important that Robert can start to drive. Whether it is a simulator or a road car on a race track this is not really important - the important thing is the final step is achieved from a certain point of view."

Morelli said that the news after his operation, which took place on the Sunday of the Belgian Grand Prix, was very encouraging.

"Two weeks ago we had the very last operation which was for us a kind of little threat," he explained.

"There were several question marks over the outcome, but fortunately the operation went well and Robert, the day after the operation, could right away move his elbow with I would say almost a normal movement. That is a fundamental act for the recovery of all the functions of his right arm.

Offline Jericoke

Re: Kubica to get behind wheel in the next month
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 06:30:29 PM »
It's nice to see that Robert is hungry to get back behind the wheel.

(Or at least his manager is hungry for him to get behind the wheel.  I hope Robert isn't feeling pushed!)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 07:18:44 PM »

It's been rumoured in the last couple of weeks that Robert will be using the Toyota simulator first off when he gets back behind a wheel.

Apparently it's more sophisticated than the in-house sim at Enstone?? :DntKnw: .....or perhaps they just don't want to spare the time as they struggle to keep their 5th place in the constructors list. :D

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 07:36:01 PM »

It's been rumoured in the last couple of weeks that Robert will be using the Toyota simulator first off when he gets back behind a wheel.

Apparently it's more sophisticated than the in-house sim at Enstone?? :DntKnw: .....or perhaps they just don't want to spare the time as they struggle to keep their 5th place in the constructors list. :D

Where is Robert rehabbing?

Where is the Toyota Simulator?

Besides, I'm pretty sure that Senna is putting in a LOT of time on the simulator.  (He'd better be!)

Offline Scott

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 09:28:51 PM »
Unless they've moved it, the Toyota simulator is in Cologne, Germany. 
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 11:20:48 PM »
Besides, I'm pretty sure that Senna is putting in a LOT of time on the simulator.  (He'd better be!)

I think he'll be using the Renault one, as that has all the buttons in the correct place and will have a database of his previous performances built-in.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 06:04:18 AM »
It's nice to see that Robert is hungry to get back behind the wheel.

(Or at least his manager is hungry for him to get behind the wheel.  I hope Robert isn't feeling pushed!)

I always feel athletes push too hard to get back in action too soon. I would want to be very sure they didn't put themselves in place to re-injure themselves. Better to go a bit slower and guarantee a full recovery and a long career.
Lonny

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle