collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 375
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11251 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Heros and zeros at Singapore  (Read 6297 times)

Offline Dare

Heros and zeros at Singapore
« on: September 25, 2011, 05:50:18 PM »
Heros and zeros at Singapore

Heros

Vettel-he's on a different playing field from the others

Button-steady race for the best he could have hoped for

Webber-might look like a under achieved year but who wouldn't
            with Vettel for a team mate

Alonso-nice race,makes me wonder if he questions his move to Ferrari

Di Resta-when he finally moves to a better team how will he challenge Vettel

the drivers-for having only 4 dnf's in a race I expected more,much more

Zeros

MS-for forgetting you drive cars not fly them

Hamilton-for forgetting that in passing patience is a virtue

Massa-for sportsmanship,he got a bad break but maybe it just eas a racing incident
          on a tight race course

Sky and BBC-will next years coverage even be a tadas good,best F1 coverage
                   I've seen in all my years of F1 coverage.The postrace show ran over
                    one and a half hours of coverage,please keep up the same
                    outstanding coverage next year

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Re: Heros and zeros at Singapore
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 06:11:37 PM »

Heroes

Vettel - He's the real deal alright.

Button - Beating the 2nd Red Bull, and keeping Vettel in sight, is no mean feat on this track.

Hamilton - staying focused to get 5th after giving himself so much work to do after clipping the back of Massa. Would have liked to see him chasing his teamate, not sure he could have beaten him though on what we saw.

Di Resta - A perfect way to demonstrate why he will be a definitely be in one of the FIF1 cars next year.  Man of the Race for me.  :yahoo:

Zeros

Lewis - for his costly mistake when he forgot how wide his car is. Tch Tch.  ::)  Not sure he should have got a drive thru though.  :nono:

Renault GP - where were you guys?  :o  Team Lotus actually caught and passed one of you, without KERS too.  :D

The Stewards -  for inconsistency, again  ::). Why no penalty for Rosberg who clearly drove Perez clean off the track. Perez was clearly ahead of Nico and just got shunted out of the way by Rosberg. Much worse foul than Schumi being caught out by his excess momentum and running into back of the twice unlucky Perez.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 11:53:41 PM by John S »
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline markfarrell9572

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 06:24:20 PM »
Heroes  Vettel -Great lights to flag performance
           Button -Did all he could do against the Vettel steamroller
           BBC -The post race show was long, and very entertaining.
           Alonso- I'm not a huge fan but he is a hard, fair racer.
           Di Resta- A great race from the rookie of the year
           Webber-Two great passes on Nando in the last three races
           Martin Whitmarsh -On BBC he defended Red Bull against accusations of over  
           spending as part of RRA

Zeroes  Hamilton-Monza he was too passive, Singapore too aggressive, there seems
           to be no middle ground.  
           Renault-Dreadful performance
           Force India-Sitting out Q3 was not on

In response to Dare regarding Massa, I see Felipe's point, its not the first time this season Lewis his him, it wasn't even the first time this weekend.

Offline Dare

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 06:26:06 PM »
I think Button's close 2nd is a bit of a illusion.Vettel had
over a 40 second lead until the SC tightened things up a bit.

I'm afraid where in the Vettel era now.If only he would go to
Ferrari and give the other drivers a chance
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 08:40:56 PM »
Heroes

Vettel - wonderfully smooth run, mature and controlled, to the equal best result of his season.

di Resta - wonderfully smooth run, mature and controlled, to the best result of his season.

Button - for not doing anything silly (I'm afraid there weren't many candidates for "hero" in my eyes this weekend)

Zeroes

Race organisers - Kerbs are supposed to stay put once laid down, thank you. Also, the inadequecy of crane provision continues to shape the course of races for the worse.

Renault - That was the most useless performance from a mid-grid outfit for quite some time. Made worse by giving the wrong information to Senna, that ended up resulting in him crashing into someone he needn't have been racing through sheer lack of knowledge on the situation.

Hamilton/Massa - The former for doing an overtaking move that was never going to work in a month of Sundays and the latter for a highly immature response post-race.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Ian

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 08:52:57 PM »
Did anyone see the post race forum on the red button, Massa walked up to Lewis, slapped his arm, gave him the thumbs up and said "Well done, good one." All with a wonderful sarcasm.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline markfarrell9572

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 09:05:28 PM »

Offline Ian

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2011, 09:09:47 PM »
Nice one Mark, but I'll bet it don't stay on here for long.  :good:
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline markfarrell9572

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2011, 09:15:25 PM »
Ironic isn't it? A formula 1 site, and Mr E. and his cronies stop us watching anything F1
However I don't think Bernard pays much attention to Vimeo, so just in case its removed from youtube:

Up yours Bernard!!!!!

Offline Scott

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2011, 09:24:42 PM »
 :DD :DD  That's European for NASCAR behaviour.  In NASCAR Massa would have blindsided him :D
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Scott

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2011, 09:35:23 PM »
If only he would go to Ferrari and give the other drivers a chance
:DD :DD  Exactly - sorry David  :P

Here's a fun interview of Hamilton that I found by clicking around your videos guys (tks).

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline stealthhaggis

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2011, 09:06:57 AM »
Heroes

Vettel - Peerless drive, no mistakes unlike the rest.
Button - See above, shame he had 2 DNF's this season as he would've been able to keep the championship alive for a bit longer. really is top dog at McLaren now. Well done that man!
Webber - Managed to make it around the track without taking anyone off this year and drove well.
Alonso - Got the old dog home despite his car using tyres up faster than he was using up his drinks bottle!
Di Resta - Excellent drive, starting to reassert himself again after a mid season blip. Great drive. Hopefully he will get a drive in a top team soon.

Zeros
Stewards - Once again we have one rule for one driver and another for the rest. Shocking precedent that would mean every driver would be punished if they even slightly misjudge a move. They must be consistent and show some common sense, different if Lewis had meant to do it, like Maldonado did in Spa, but he outbreaked himself. Apparently the new rules state that if Lewis tries to pass, fails and makes contact, its an instant drive through. If he tries to defend he is punished, unlike Shumacher recently and others in the past. If Lewis is hit it's a punishment unless he is out of the race then 'justice' has been seen to have been done! :crazy:
Hamilton - For being such a short arse that he can't see over the front of his car. DC wanred you, buy a booster seat!
Massa - For being a *** about a racing indecent, concentrate on doing your own job and maybe you might just keep that drive at Ferrari that you don't deserve. They really should just let Smedley drive the car.
Schumacher - For believing his own hype about being a driving God and trying to fly his way past Perez!
McLaren - For not letting Button fly a few laps earlier so he could have really given us a finish.

Jugirl

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2011, 09:33:17 AM »
Hero's

Vettel - The man can do no wrong :(

Button - Is really surprising me this year. In my view a firm number one at McLaren.

Di Resta - Good race. Best finish in hardest circumstances.

Alonso - Good race. He did well considering his car eats tyres.

Zero's

Hamilton - Whoops hehe

Massa - Childish (Can Ferrari please nab Button for Fernando's team mate)

Schumacher - Silly man. Though Hero for bringing out the safety car for my GG ;)

Ju

Offline Monty

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2011, 12:47:45 PM »
Heroes

Vettel - Peerless drive, no mistakes unlike the rest.
Button - See above, shame he had 2 DNF's this season as he would've been able to keep the championship alive for a bit longer. really is top dog at McLaren now. Well done that man!
Webber - Managed to make it around the track without taking anyone off this year and drove well.
Alonso - Got the old dog home despite his car using tyres up faster than he was using up his drinks bottle!
Di Resta - Excellent drive, starting to reassert himself again after a mid season blip. Great drive. Hopefully he will get a drive in a top team soon.

Zeros
Stewards - Once again we have one rule for one driver and another for the rest. Shocking precedent that would mean every driver would be punished if they even slightly misjudge a move. They must be consistent and show some common sense, different if Lewis had meant to do it, like Maldonado did in Spa, but he outbreaked himself. Apparently the new rules state that if Lewis tries to pass, fails and makes contact, its an instant drive through. If he tries to defend he is punished, unlike Shumacher recently and others in the past. If Lewis is hit it's a punishment unless he is out of the race then 'justice' has been seen to have been done!
Hamilton - For being such a short arse that he can't see over the front of his car. DC wanred you, buy a booster seat!
Massa - For being a *** about a racing indecent, concentrate on doing your own job and maybe you might just keep that drive at Ferrari that you don't deserve. They really should just let Smedley drive the car.
Schumacher - For believing his own hype about being a driving God and trying to fly his way past Perez!
McLaren - For not letting Button fly a few laps earlier so he could have really given us a finish.

royalties to Stealth Haggis for saying exactly what I felt.

The anti-Hamilton rules spoilt one chance of getting some excitement in the race. OK perhaps Hamilton was being too optimistic going for that pass but he was penalised by losing his wing. Why then hit him with a drive through while doing nothing against Rosberg for driving into the side of Perez (just for the record, I didn't want Rosberg penalised I would prefer that neither of them had been penalised).

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2011, 01:03:02 PM »
Just a few additions to what has already been said:

Heroes:

I like the color keyed sectors on the track.

Zeroes:

That launch ramp chicane in Turn 10.

Webber: I love ya, mate, but you've got to learn how to launch the car at the start.

Re-start after Safety Car rules: I wonder what kind of race it would have become if second place Button would have been right behind Vettel on the restart. By the time he worked his way around Trulli and one of the HRT's (Sorry, I don't remember which one right now) he was already over 8 seconds adrift of Seb.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle