collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 379
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Did Ferrari Order Massa to Block Hamilton?  (Read 2587 times)

Offline lkjohnson1950

Re: Did Ferrari Order Massa to Block Hamilton?
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2011, 12:56:35 AM »
More than his skill, what Massa has been lacking since his accident is drive or anger, that extra bit that lets Vettel pull a tenth out of thin air on the last lap of qualifying. I think Smedley worded it harshly because he knows Massa dislikes Hamilton because Hamilton beat him for the Championship and because Massa doesn't seem to respond to more gently worded prodding.
Lonny

Offline stealthhaggis

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2011, 08:51:19 AM »
Oh please! I doubt that Massa would deliberately put himself in the position to get a flat tire, and if someone hits you from behind the chances of you coming out unscathed are very slim. And he seemed very genuinely upset after the race was over. i think Smedley was just forcefully telling Felipe he needed to stay ahead of Hamilton. I don't see any upside to taking Hamilton out.

I go away for a couple of days and miss all the fun.  ::)

I have to agree with Lonny, this is a badly worded transmission by Smedley. Why would he say something to incriminate them both and the team over open airwaves.
Aye, cause Smedley has never said anything on the open airwaves that has caused controversy before.  :D

Seriously though, don't really see anything wrong with a team, in a team sport, using one of their team players to block another rival teams driver. No different to in football using one of your player to take another out of the game and stop them playing. Does explain why Massa was so tetchy after the race because once again he failed to carry out the request. As Brundle said in his thing, the more important issue is that Massa needs to be told what to do so often. I hope Ferrari give the seat to a driver who deserves to be there as Massa has not been the same since his crash, time for him to move on and out of F1.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2011, 12:53:56 AM »
I think Massa is slowly returning to form. I also think Ferrari will replace him unless he goes on a winning binge. At that point of the Singapore race, I doubt if Ferrari was worried about Hamilton threatening Alonso. There was no chance that a safety car and smart pitstop would get Alonso to the front. This is a tempest in a teapot.
Lonny

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle