collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 438
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Will Marussia F1 be the suprise package next season?  (Read 1152 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Will Marussia F1 be the suprise package next season?
« on: December 12, 2011, 10:57:41 AM »

Pat Symonds is now flat out 7 days a week, says John Booth.                 

The most telling bit of Booth's comments, for me, is "Pat has been building a design team that none of us could have put together, that's for sure." Now who wants to bet against the silver haired ex Renault tech chief? 

Despite being unable to actively assist Virgin Racing in the Formula 1 paddock, Pat Symonds is currently working ‘flat out’ on the team’s new design at its Banbury factory.

With the former Renault technical head serving a ban for his involvement in the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix race-fixing scandal, he has not been allowed to aid the squad at races, instead opting to fully exploit his office role ahead of the upcoming season.

"It's great to just pop in and see Pat (at the factory)," Team Principal John Booth told Reuters. "Instead of sending an e-mail and waiting for a reply I can walk around the corner and have a five minute conversation and get information that would take 20 e-mails.

"We can't call him Technical Director at the moment so he is a Technical Advisor. But he's working seven days a week there, he's absolutely flat out. Having Pat there has enabled us to attract the right design team. Pat has been building a design team that none of us could have put together, that's for sure."

The Virgin outfit will be renamed Marussia F1 from the 2012 campaign onwards, with Symonds' ban set to be lifted by governing body the FIA at the end of the year.

GPUpdate.net, 11th Dec.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Jericoke

Re: Will Marussia F1 be the suprise package next season?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 03:00:49 PM »
Design is only one part of the equation.

Are they willing to put in the time/effort to build and test parts?  Will they use the modern materials and construction techniques used by the big boys?

I hope so.  (Not that I'm an especially big fan of Symonds or Marussia.  I just like F1 to be tight and competitive.)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle