collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 553
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Goodbye Team Lotus, hello Caterham  (Read 1619 times)

Offline Dare

Goodbye Team Lotus, hello Caterham
« on: December 14, 2011, 12:54:54 PM »

not all that eye catching is it?

It is goodbye Team Lotus and hello Caterham F1 Team as the outfit unveiled its logo for the 2012 season on Wednesday.

Their new logo is green, white and yellow and their 2012 challengers will be green and yellow.

It's the third year in a row that the team has changed its name. It entered the sport as Lotus Racing in 2010, but then switched to Team Lotus for the 2011 season. However, they then became involved in a drawn-out battle with Lotus Renault GP over the Lotus name.

Although the dispute ended up in court, it ended amicably with Team Lotus opting to adopt Caterham.

"With Team Lotus, I would have battled to the end if I felt it was the right thing to do, but when you take a dispassionate look at where we were it made absolute sense to start with a clean sheet, and Caterham has given us that chance," team boss Tony Fernandes said in the final edition of its e-magazine Team Lotus Notes.

"It's the best possible solution for where we want to go - partly because it gives us complete control over everything we do and, obviously, because there's simply no point racing to promote a road car company I don't own. The road car business has always been a sector I've wanted to explore and so here we are. But I can't stress enough; this is a serious business venture for us."

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

Re: Goodbye Team Lotus, hello Caterham
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 01:33:03 PM »
I like the colors. The type font looks a bit Star Trek.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 01:33:47 PM »
I figure all Caterham owners should now get free paddock passes, eh Neil?  Write a letter - see how it goes  ;)
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Neil.P

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 04:58:26 PM »
This is all quite surreal to me Scott, all this. When I bought my car back in 2004 the company was really quite small... Now they have evolved into a F1 team :DntKnw: I don't know how it happened :D

Anyway, hope they manage to produce another reasonably priced sports car for the road, that is as entertaining as the 7, as well as producing some good results in F1 (even a point would do :DD) :good:

Neil.P

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 07:08:40 PM »

Good luck to em.  :good: Pity their new F1 base is not going to be at the road car factory though, might have encouraged more buyers to collect their new cars. ;)

The main Lotus company has announced that their factory Indycar & GP2 teams will be using black & gold as their livery, it seems part of the settlement was to allow the Caterham boys to use green & yellow accross the board in racing.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2011, 01:16:48 AM »
A livery cannot be tied to a particular company (though oddly particularly distinctive shades of colour can). The new Lotus has established an identity with the black-and-gold colour scheme so it makes sense to stick to it. Same with the new Caterham. The colours are probably more associated with the teams than their names...
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2011, 01:53:13 AM »
I hope this is the breakthrough year for them and a move to the mid field is ahead.
Lonny

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle