collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 473
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: A question for Ali  (Read 1044 times)

Offline Dare

A question for Ali
« on: December 22, 2011, 12:33:42 AM »
Ali,if Fisi would have stayed at Force India how
do you think the team would have fared,better or worse?

Seems to me they went downhill after he left,do you think
his not testing was part of this?

I really miss Fisichella in F1 :'(

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Alianora La Canta

Re: A question for Ali
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 02:51:37 PM »
Dare, I think Force India went forwards (they gradually traded the "one day in the sun" ability for the chance to be consistently reasonable everywhere) but with Fisi on board they would have got there faster. Tonio was a bit of an all-round disappointment and it was sometimes difficult seeing him in the Force India knowing Giancarlo could have done better. Adrian was quick but the technical side is a bit of a weak point for him, so having Giancarlo there to help with technical direction would have been a big plus.

That said, given that di Resta would have resulted in one of the two Force India drivers being removed in 2011. Given that Adrian seemed to be unusually popular within the team, I would not like to have bet that Fisi would have kept his seat in 2011. And Ferrari were not likely to ask twice...

There are teams out there that would be better off having Fisi in the car than at least one of their current line-up (Renault and Williams definitely and maybe - dare I say it? - Mercedes and Ferrari). The trouble is that by the time the teams had realised their collective mistakes, Fisi was effectively off the table - Renault, Williams and Mercedes know they can't prise him from Ferrari and Ferrari is having more trouble locating decent sportscar drivers than single-seater ones...
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Dare

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 03:07:22 PM »
I'd have loved to see what Fisi could have accomplished
at Ferrari in a decent car,WITHOUT Alonso
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 03:36:14 PM »
That would be a sight to see (it's theoretically possible - albeit unlikely in the extreme - that we could still see that).
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle