collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 297
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Lost your car????  (Read 1306 times)

Offline Wizzo

Lost your car????
« on: December 05, 2007, 12:05:05 PM »

Now here's an interesting statistic: an estimated 12 million shopping hours are expected to be spent looking for lost cars this month in the UK alone as forgetful motorists struggle to remember where they parked amidst the Christmas rush. Who are these people? Anyway, one solution offered by Chevrolet is to have your car shout at you so you know where to find it.

K.I.T.T.Y (Key Innovation That Talks to You) is a handy handbag-sized remote-controlled talking alert, which enables the car to shout a personalized message to its owner, thereby making it easier to locate their misplaced vehicle. The device has a range of 183 meters and will be trialed in a number of cars over the Christmas shopping period to help put an end to drivers’ wayward car park wanderings.

Research shows that 20% of UK car drivers admit they lose their car at least once a fortnight with 1 in 20 (6 per cent) saying they lose it once a week. This equates to the average driver losing their car 11 times a year – spending an around 26 minutes a month looking for it. Although 52 per cent of drivers find their car within 15 minutes, the K.I.T.T.Y would be a welcome device for many to save time. We can see some interesting scenarios arising if the use of K.I.T.T.Y becomes widespread though - a car park full of lost cars shouting over the top of each other might not deliver the desired result.

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Alianora La Canta

Re: Lost your car????
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 01:45:48 PM »
I lose my dad's car every time I go to the supermarket, so that would be about three times a week. Luckily, my dad always remembers where he puts it.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 01:57:02 PM »
The only time I lost my car unfortunately was at the NEC for Autosport Internationsl a few years ago.  Of course it had to be the one time I left early to avoid the worst of the traffic and the car parks were absolutely full.  I don't know how many cars the NEC car parks holds but it must be a good few thousand.  Normally I write the car park letter on my ticket but not that time.  So I spent half an hour in a van with one of the parking people driving round half the car parks in the NEC until we found it. 

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 04:32:22 PM »
I have an easier way to find mine in the car park. The van is almost 7 ft tall, with another foot of ladder rack on top of that, with a 12' orange ladder on the rack! It's kindda hard to miss.

Trouble is, I'm so used to it, that when I drive the car somewhere, I never remember where it is. :crazy: I just keep hitting the remote lock button and listen for the horn!
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle