collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 361
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11251 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Proposed road charging Scheme  (Read 9001 times)

Offline Wizzo

Proposed road charging Scheme
« on: February 06, 2007, 11:25:12 AM »
Small towns and villages will suffer most under the Government's proposed road charging scheme, the Association of British Drivers (ABD) has warned.

The ABD said that, because congested roads will be charged the most, drivers will seek to avoid charges by taking alternative routes along country lanes and through smaller towns and villages. The group said that it was urging rural communities and vulnerable road users such as walkers, cyclists and horse riders to speak out now against road charging proposals before the plans become law.

ABD policy director Mark McArthur-Christie said: "Road charging will be levied at its highest on the most congested roads. It will be impossible for drivers to know if a road is congested until they are on it, sitting in a traffic jam with no escape route whilst the black box in their car clocks up pound signs for the chancellor.

"Many will not wish to take the risk and will of course seek alternative routes. Unfortunately for villagers and users of quiet country lanes, these will very often be the routes they seek out causing a massive increase in traffic levels."

The ABD urged members of rural communities who may be affected to join the 680,000 who have already signed the petition against road charging.

Road charging petition

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Dare

Re: Proposed road charging Scheme
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 10:29:16 PM »

I'm not familar with the black box,What does
it do and do you all have to pay a road tax
on city streets?
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Slugger

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 06:58:24 PM »
At the moment we pay a yearly tax which allows you to drive on all roads for "free" apart from very few that charge a toll.

The black box is a gps tracking device which they are proposing to put in every car and charge per mile, and a ridiculous amount of money too.

davewilson

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 07:09:23 PM »
Why worry about something that will never happen.....
They cannot find a Tax dodger or a disqualified driver or uninsured driver how on earth will they ever do this?

I Know a way.............To cope with it all......... but i am not going to tell them!

Kids ruling the Country?
The Stig
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 07:33:29 PM by The Stig »

Offline Slugger

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 10:06:42 PM »
If they make it law that every new car has to have the gps system installed then they know as soon as the car moves. They put cameras up with ANPR and if the camera sees your car moving whilst not getting a moving signal from the gps they know you have disabled it. They then fine you. Quite an easy system really.

Offline Ian

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 07:26:41 AM »
Yeh, but will they drop the road tax, will they hell

Ian
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 11:46:05 AM »

We all pay so much tax on petrol that we already pay per mile, the more you drive - the more petrol you use - therefore the more tax you pay!!!!!!  >:( 

I can't stand this Governments anti-driving policies.  >:D

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Wizzo

Offline Neil.P

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2007, 11:58:12 AM »
OK, which one of you is it sending those Parcel Bombs to the DVLA etc :crazy:

Come on, own up >:D :nono:

Neil.P :yahoo:

Offline Neil.P

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2007, 01:06:27 PM »
Wizard, could'nt get your link to work. here it is again!

Neil.P

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2007, 01:28:33 PM »
What a stupid, greedy, anti-car, anti-working families idea! Who thought this up?

Bernie? >:(

Darth, I mean, Ralph, Nader? >:D

Saaaay, did you guys steal one of our Bush brothers? :nono:
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Neil.P

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2007, 02:04:25 PM »
cos, this government we've got here are completely potty, it's not just their motoring policies they've got arse about face it's just about everything else you care to mention too :fool:.

Neil.P

Offline Ian

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2007, 09:17:14 PM »
It's 'cos the motorist is an easy target, like the smoker or the drinker, I don't have a car but I'll be buggered if I'll give up booze or fags(thats cigarettes) to our yankee friends before I get some totally unwarranted replies

Offline Dare

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2007, 11:08:57 PM »
It's 'cos the motorist is an easy target, like the smoker or the drinker, I don't have a car but I'll be buggered if I'll give up booze or fags(thats cigarettes) to our yankee friends before I get some totally unwarranted replies

There's a few words you British use,but I feel
to stupid to ask what they mean :D
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Ian

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2007, 02:05:24 PM »
Ask away Dare, ask away, we won't laugh (not too much anyway)no, seriously tho', we probably have no problems with Americanisms 'cos of all the American programmes on our telly's

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2007, 02:18:33 PM »

Don't worry dare, none of us know what Ian's ever going on about  :tease:

Wizzo

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle