collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 317
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Poll

What part of the world are you from?

Scotland
10 (6.1%)
Wales
7 (4.3%)
Ireland
4 (2.5%)
Northern England
18 (11%)
Mid England
16 (9.8%)
Southern England
34 (20.9%)
Another Country
74 (45.4%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Author Topic: We know where you live.............  (Read 70262 times)

Offline Neil.P

Re: We know where you live.............
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2007, 12:13:34 AM »
You've got some nerve Ian. :D

Neil.P

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2007, 04:41:52 AM »

Hi all - glad to be here with such classy and well-informed F1 fans after being invited when the "Pitlane" forum ceased. Also previous member of the "Grandprixmagazine" forum [as "KIWINOZ"]  but left as too much fanboy and other tripe on it.

I was born in 1943 and grew up in AUCKLAND, New Zealand until my 12th year. Went dairy-cattle farming with family in the neighbouring WAIKATO area and had career stints mainly in WELLINGTON [NZ's capital] where my two sons were born.

Since my marriages ended [2] I have made my home in GOLD COAST, Australia which is the "Florida" of the South Pacific and truly one of the best spots on Earth - a near paradise actually.

It is one of THE tourist spots of the world you must visit before you die and SURFER's PARADISE is one the world's most impressive beach fronts.  :good:   
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline Ian

« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2007, 09:38:13 AM »
Hiya Sennaman, welcome, great, someone else older than me.  ::)
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2007, 09:54:17 AM »

yeah thanks ian - I'm older than everyone these days but still feel like 18.

but perhaps that is my I.Q or shoe size?

Too old to remember which it is mate  :DntKnw:
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 12:59:45 PM by SennaMan »
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Offline johnbull

« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2007, 05:56:48 PM »

Just what I was thinking, Ian.

Welcome Sennaman.  What was your nic at Pitlane?
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2007, 01:11:52 PM »

Just what I was thinking, Ian.

Welcome Sennaman.  What was your nic at Pitlane?

hi and thanks johnbull - impressed with ya racecraft cred JB and you are still involved! Well done mate.

My nic at Pitlane was the same "SennaMan" but at the time I was too busy to ever make a post and the day I wanted to was the day it folded. Was sad about that too but very glad to be invited to GPWIZARD where decent standards of debate and argument are followed and respected. Love the humour too.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2007, 03:47:39 PM »

Since my marriages ended [2] I have made my home in GOLD COAST, Australia which is the "Florida" of the South Pacific and truly one of the best spots on Earth - a near paradise actually.

Does that mean that it is full of retired people in Mercury Grand Marquis's that never use their turn signals?  ;)
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline romephius

« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2007, 03:51:42 PM »
That and swimsuit models Cos

Rom

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2007, 01:48:02 PM »

Does that mean that it is full of retired people in Mercury Grand Marquis's that never use their turn signals?  ;)

hahahaha cosworth151 - i was referring to the climate but the Gold Coast does have the highest ownership of MERCEDES-BENZ cars per head of population in all of Australia.

Most of them are painted black too

Which shows the owners have more cash than class!

[a saying around here is "canal trash" as most of 'em own very conspicuously expensive mansions costing in excess of $8M, on man made canal housing estates]

btw, rom is quite right; the bikini clad chicks are outta this world mate - far too much for a growing lad of 63!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 02:37:21 PM by SennaMan »

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2007, 03:41:29 PM »
True Florida story:

When I'm working in the Miami area, I stay at a hotel on the strip in Miami Beach. It's one of those good news/bad news situations. Good news - it's right on a clothing optional beach. Bad news - It's right beside a high rise senior citizen retirement center.

Reminds me of one of those mass whale beachings. :confused:
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline DragonBreath

« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2007, 07:18:05 PM »
I've been lurking around here for a few weeks.  I came over after Pitlane folded (sad), and was really happy to find this site.  Too many of the sites in the US are full of folks who see the world only through red-tinted glasses, so it's nice to read the thoughts of folks with a bit more perspective.  I live in a little village west of Chicago, I was born in this area in 1952, and my favorite place to visit is the UK, so I seem to fit in here pretty well!   ;)

I'm using Jimmy Clark's pic as my avatar as a small tip of the hat to him.  He was the first F1 driver I'd ever heard of, and I was crushed when he was killed.  As a side note, growing up in the American Midwest, we pretty much thought that racing began and ended at Indy, so my interest in "furrin" racing was a bit odd.  I guess it still is.   :yahoo: 

Anyway, great site and lots of great discussions.  I'm still pulling for Lewis to win the WDC, but wouldn't be too disappointed if Kimi pulls it off.  I don't think Nando really deserves it, but if he wins at least McLaren pulls something from the ashes this year.

Cheers,

Chris

Offline Ian

« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2007, 07:46:04 PM »
I'm with you there Dragonbreath, if Lewis does'nt get it I'd like Kimi to be WDC, like you I don't think Alonso deserves it. You want to try the chatroom, loads of banter and mucking about and most importantly, eveyones own opinion on F1.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Scott

« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2007, 07:55:13 PM »
I don't know if they'll let me upload this pic, but it's the icon I use...I made it one night after Hungary, putting 'Hellboy' (an entertaining movie actually) inside Alonzo's helmet from an F1 Racing wallpaper download.

I sent it back to F1 Racing telling that I had come across Ron Dennis' new wallpaper, but they never replied or put me in the mag.

Hope you enjoy it.

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline johnbull

« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2007, 09:16:19 PM »
Hey Dragonbreath welcome. Of course we remember you from Pitlane.

I've been watching you logged in here for a while and wondered how long it would be before you joined in.

I'm a total Jim Clark fan too.

Haven't been writing much because I'm so busy on the organisational side of the racing in our part of the world. We have a big event - motorsport festival, this weekend that I'm responsible for.
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2007, 04:09:59 PM »
Welcome aboard, DragonBreath! I was born on an Army post south of Indy and have lived most of my life in southeast Ohio. Dare is from Louisville, KY. Like you, I grew up with Indy, NASCAR and even NHRA drag racing, but F1 quickly became my favorite.

Have you ever been to the USGP at Indy?

Cos
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle