collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 389
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11251 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Poll

What part of the world are you from?

Scotland
10 (6.1%)
Wales
7 (4.3%)
Ireland
4 (2.5%)
Northern England
18 (11%)
Mid England
16 (9.8%)
Southern England
34 (20.9%)
Another Country
74 (45.4%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Author Topic: We know where you live.............  (Read 70216 times)

Offline gato

Re: We know where you live.............
« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2010, 08:46:01 PM »

I'm from Louisville,Kentucky home of
   the KentuckyDerby and my favorite
   team is Renault.Favorite drivers are
    Fisi,Trulli,and Button

Have you seen Nicky Hayden there?? He is called "Kentucky Kid" because he comes from the same region as you. ;)

Nicky is from Owensboro,a little over a 100
miles fom Lousiville
How much is 100 miles converted into kilometres? we don't use miles in my country. Nicky has great homesites (www.nickyhayden.com) and i visit there very often. I thought if you have seen him in motorshow near your town. :DntKnw:
La macchina e´ bella quando quella vincerà. (The car is beautiful when it wins)
- Enzo Ferrari

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2010, 08:55:41 PM »
100 miles is about 160 km.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline gato

« Reply #77 on: February 05, 2010, 09:22:51 PM »
It is not so far! I know that in USA distancies are very long. But you have good traffic network there and almost everyone has own car. What age you can get driving licence there? In my country you must be 18 years old.
- Enzo Ferrari

Offline Dare

« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2010, 09:25:11 PM »
It is not so far! I know that in USA distancies are very long. But you have good traffic network there and almost everyone has own car. What age you can get driving licence there? In my country you must be 18 years old.

16 in our state.I think other states may differ
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline gato

« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2010, 10:47:12 AM »
Dare, 16 years old is rather young to get driver's licence. I have one book written by Fisico and Leo Turrini (journalist) "Ma chi ti ha dato la patente?" (Mondadori) In english: "Who gave you the driver's licence?" It is written only in italian, it took me one week to read that book. Fisico told in that book too when he got driver's licence, he drove too fast and didn't ignore so much about traffic rules. the faster, the better! :tease: Anyway, now he has attended with a project that warns young drivers to drive too fastly in traffic, also keep seat belts. Every death in traffic is useless if it is avoided with right traffic education and own behaviour.
- Enzo Ferrari

Offline Scott

« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2010, 11:20:46 AM »
I had my learner's at 15, and got my drivers license a few weeks after I turned 16.  I've had my share of speeding tickets, been hit by more than a few other cars (none serious).  I don't think that waiting until 18 would have made any difference.  As with everything, it depends on the individual, and how mature they behave.  To date I caused one small accident, and although technically it was my fault, I blame the other driver's hesitation (hesitating at a yellow light to turn left and then at the last second slamming on the brakes when I was right behind, about to follow through the light). 

Here in Switzerland, you can get a license for a moped or scooter (max 50cc) when you are 14, but have to wait to drive a car until you are 18.  On the other hand, a 14 year old can walk into a bar and drink beer or wine (have to wait until you are 18 for the hard stuff).  With that, I am on the fence - I'm not sure if it is better that you are introduced to alcohol before you can drive or after. 
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

david1275

« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2010, 11:39:45 AM »
In Northern Ireland your can drive from 17 years old, although I might have started a couple of years younger.  ;) I had my first car, an Austin Mini when I was 15.

As for the beer, you get it for being good at school.  :DD

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #82 on: February 06, 2010, 05:12:34 PM »
I got my learners permit at 15 1/2, and my license a day or two after my 16th birthday. I could drive at a much younger age. In fact, I could hot wire my old man's Falcon by the time I was 14.

I taught my daughter to drive when she was 13. In fact, she was doing bootlegger 180's in her mother's Plymouth Gran Fury in a vacant parking lot.  :yahoo:
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #83 on: July 02, 2010, 07:05:56 PM »
I'd say with the number of Canadians and Americans frequenting this site, you'd better add Canada and the US as choices...it's not just all about England - even if USF1 was a big flop.   ;)
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Andy B

« Reply #84 on: February 24, 2013, 02:27:21 AM »
I missed this but what would I have voted for?
I was born in England but live in New Zealand.
Am I the only one in Kiwiland?
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Ian

« Reply #85 on: January 20, 2015, 07:54:17 PM »
We don't push religion on this site, unless it's Formula 1
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Andy B

« Reply #86 on: January 20, 2015, 08:03:44 PM »
Has Vem0 lost it? I started to read the lecture but kept falling asleep!  :swoon:
Now to get back on track I'm a Pom living in New Zealand and if there's going to be a party organised by Wizz this is the place to do it you European's can miss a bit of winter and come here for some sun cause we got heaps of it and its really warm!  ;)
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Ian

« Reply #87 on: January 20, 2015, 08:09:54 PM »
We need some of that warmth over here Andy, it's flipping freezing. Wiz will soon PNG Vem0.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #88 on: January 20, 2015, 09:04:41 PM »
We've got a heat wave here in the hills. All the way up to 38 F (3C ). We're running around in shirtsleeves.

I wonder if vem0 is computer generated.
― Bob Dylan

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #89 on: January 20, 2015, 09:16:48 PM »
When I say its just nice spring weather, my friends give me a sort of look that you people give to that vemO post, but its 12C, with a bit of fog.  :D   Am I wrong?  :DntKnw:

Here we are so used to the sun  :D
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle