collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 494
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Poll

Will massa see out the season

No problem he's fine.
No he'll be gone before the season end.
I don't know.
I don't care.

Author Topic: Filipe Massa  (Read 11842 times)

Offline Andy B

Filipe Massa
« on: March 16, 2012, 06:15:21 AM »
I have been thinking this even before the season testing started and was surprised he got the drive but how long will it last? He even made a basic error in first practice and chucked it into the gravel then asked what happened to the car!!
His days have to be numbered!!

Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Jugirl

Re: Filipe Massa
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 10:24:44 AM »
I voted to say he will keep his seat but for one reason only. Ferrari will just keep him second fiddle to Fernando and replace him at the end when other "better" drivers are out of contracts.

Ju

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 10:50:07 AM »

I agree with Ju, the better drivers are under contract so choice is limited for a mid season switch. However the main reason Ferrari will see out the season with Felipe is their experience of using substitute drivers in 2009, the resulting loss of points pushed them back to 4th in the construtors when 3rd was easily acheivable.

A lot of cash is involved in that loss of place. Which brings me to the second reason Massa will stay the course, money, - or rather the shortage of it now to pay off Felipe whilst finishing lower than they could have in the table. So for me Felipe's seat is safe this year.

The only circumstance that I can see for an early bath for Massa is a move of Perez from Sauber to Maranello. I'm not sure Sergio's backers will be comfortable with that, this is still only his second season and he still needs time in the relative comfort of mid pack to hone his skills.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Dare

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 01:06:56 PM »
Massa will but will HRT?13 seconds off pace

What top driver would go to Ferrari?Surely they know
Alonso isn't allowed to be bested
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 01:57:58 AM »
I would not be surprised if Ferd has a veto over his team mate. With the trouble McLaren has had with running 2 top drivers, I think Ferrari is happy to have a "b" in the 2 spot.
Lonny

Offline Andy B

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 07:25:42 AM »
The car looks really bad so that maybe a savour for him althougth with there reserve and test driver list I still feel he could be out by mid-season especially if the car comes good and he does not perform. :DntKnw:
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Jugirl

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 08:32:11 AM »
After that qualifying if Ferd could only get 12th place i think Massa is safe with 16th.....for now

Ju

David

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 09:47:31 AM »
I reserved my vote until now. I reckon there's a fair chance he won't last the season. Sad as it makes me, where are the glory days now Felipe?

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2012, 02:27:44 AM »
In the sad shape the F2012 is in, I reckon they are looking for useful feedback more than anything else at this point. If Massa can help point the development in the right direction, I reckon he's safe.
Lonny

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2012, 02:06:45 PM »
I guess he is quite safe for a while, problem with him is, if you give him a good car, he is a good drive, almost won the 2008 world championship, so keeping him with the team only helps, while a new driver will take time to settle down, which will result in losing points, as there is testing ban.

Every hot head wants to bang him, Lewis last year, Maldonado this year, no matter where ever he goes, he will have to live with it. Sometimes i feel like there is rumour or superstition that if you bang Massa you become a better driver. As Lewis showed us banging Massa could make your drive and girlfriend come back at you. Maldonado might be trying his luck as well... :DD  :DD
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Jugirl

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2012, 04:31:36 PM »
I guess he is quite safe for a while, problem with him is, if you give him a good car, he is a good drive, almost won the 2008 world championship, so keeping him with the team only helps, while a new driver will take time to settle down, which will result in losing points, as there is testing ban.

I disagree that with a good car he is a good driver. In 2008 what competition was there? Kimi was bored because he had won it, The Kovaleinen was in Lewis's pocket, the Red Bulls weren't up to speed and no-one else was competitive enough. He had one main rival.....and he lost to him. Another reason why I don't rate Lewis that highly. If there is such a thing, an easy championship (which he nearly lost)

Ju

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2012, 07:27:47 PM »
Of course, for Ju, Ferrari's drivers are Fernando and...... Not Fernando!!  :DD
Lonny

Offline hayleylsl

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2012, 07:54:09 PM »
I think he will be out by the end of the season- he makes to many mistakes and just isn't up there with the top drivers- I reckon he will be bought out of his contract- as to who will replace him im not quite sure- I reckon (i am very self-opinionated i know) that Perez has a good chance- i would have loved to have seen Kubica in a Ferrari seat just to see what he could do- i guess that wont happen though now.
"It's like riding a bicycle around your living room"

Nelson Piquet on the Monaco Grand Prix..

Jugirl

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2012, 08:06:28 PM »
Of course, for Ju, Ferrari's drivers are Fernando and...... Not Fernando!!  :DD

Of course :D hehe

Ju

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2012, 01:54:47 AM »
I believe Felipe is safe for 2012 provided he doesn't do anything spectacularly dumb (such as calling the car a "truck" without other team members doing so first). The impression I get is that Pérez is being lined up for his seat in 2013, pretty much regardless of what Felipe does, but that moving him mid-season would derail his development and possibly also Ferrari's (not to mention make long-time ally Peter Sauber upset). So Felipe should get to the end of the season with Ferrari - and not a meter further.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle