collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 462
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Poll

Will massa see out the season

No problem he's fine.
No he'll be gone before the season end.
I don't know.
I don't care.

Author Topic: Filipe Massa  (Read 11839 times)

vintly

Re: Filipe Massa
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2012, 10:08:19 AM »
From www.autosport.com:

Felipe Massa gets new Ferrari chassis for Malaysian Grand Prix
By Jonathan Noble   Wednesday, March 21st 2012, 09:19 GMT

Felipe Massa will be given a new chassis for this weekend's Malaysian Grand Prix as his Ferrari team bids to get to the bottom of his troubles in Australia.

The Brazilian had a disappointing weekend in Melbourne - being comprehensively outqualified by team-mate Fernando Alonso and enduring an incident-filled race before his retirement.

Although the team continues to have faith that Massa can turn his situation around, the outfit has elected to change his chassis with immediate effect – so for this weekend in Sepang he will race with chassis number 294 - to see if it was a factor in his performance.

A statement on the team's website said: "This choice was taken to clear up any doubts about the unusual performance of his car during the weekend at Albert Park."

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2012, 02:10:07 PM »
From www.autosport.com:

Felipe Massa gets new Ferrari chassis for Malaysian Grand Prix
By Jonathan Noble   Wednesday, March 21st 2012, 09:19 GMT

Felipe Massa will be given a new chassis for this weekend's Malaysian Grand Prix as his Ferrari team bids to get to the bottom of his troubles in Australia.

The Brazilian had a disappointing weekend in Melbourne - being comprehensively outqualified by team-mate Fernando Alonso and enduring an incident-filled race before his retirement.

Although the team continues to have faith that Massa can turn his situation around, the outfit has elected to change his chassis with immediate effect – so for this weekend in Sepang he will race with chassis number 294 - to see if it was a factor in his performance.

A statement on the team's website said: "This choice was taken to clear up any doubts about the unusual performance of his car during the weekend at Albert Park."

Well, a chassis change worked wonders for Vettel in 2010.

Offline gato

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2012, 06:54:34 PM »
Massa gets some new parts for his car to Malaysia...Yes, it is disappointment that his race finished too early. Rumours say that he may be replaced from Ferrari in the middle of season but this was only his first race this year.
La macchina e´ bella quando quella vincerŕ. (The car is beautiful when it wins)
- Enzo Ferrari

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2012, 07:03:00 PM »
Massa gets some new parts for his car to Malaysia...Yes, it is disappointment that his race finished too early. Rumours say that he may be replaced from Ferrari in the middle of season but this was only his first race this year.

The question is, who would replace him?

Would Ferrari poach from the midfield like they did with Fisichella from FIF1?

Would a driver ahead of Ferrari in the standings be willing to swap 'down' to a Ferrari?

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2012, 02:00:30 AM »
Ferrari could poach either Sauber driver and I'm sure a cash settlement would buy Glock who might be perfect.
Lonny

Offline Scott

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2012, 07:57:33 AM »
Kobi in a Ferrari?  Not sure how that would play with the Tifosi
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

vintly

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2012, 08:53:16 AM »
Ferrari's problems are more deep rooted. There's no guarantee that Massa's replacement would do any better. I think there's more chance of Massa upping his game, at least enough to convince Luca that swapping him would be too much of a gamble. Besides, they can't very well attract a good driver until they have a good car, surely the technical development is more important than crossing their fingers with a new second driver?

Offline Andy B

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2012, 12:38:48 AM »
Even the Italian press are speculating on Perez moving to the second Ferrari seat as he is one of the Ferrari Young Drivers as well as driving for a Ferrari engined team.
Remember you heard it here first!!
Massa will be gone by mid-season.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Dare

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2012, 12:52:04 AM »
When Fisi drove for Ferrari he basically replaced Schumi ,remember
he was slotted to be the replacement driver.I think the car was such
a piece of crap that MS's neck injury appeared giving Fisi[A Italian]
a chance of a lifetime
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Andy B

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2012, 07:39:45 AM »
I think the difference here is that although the car is rubbish Massa is nowhere near Alonso, 5th and 16th.
The race will tell but I'll be surprised if he responds.
It seems he has not fully recovered from his 2009 accident which is not a surprise it was a lot to come back from.

Offline stealthhaggis

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2012, 05:06:23 PM »
Will Alonso want Perez in the other car? Unlikely but he won't care as long as he gets full focus. The problem is that massa has been woeful since his return and Ferrari need a quality number 2 to have any chance of picking up points in the constructors fight.

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2012, 07:21:37 PM »
I think the difference here is that although the car is rubbish Massa is nowhere near Alonso, 5th and 16th.
The race will tell but I'll be surprised if he responds.
It seems he has not fully recovered from his 2009 accident which is not a surprise it was a lot to come back from.

It is tough, some drivers come back from accidents stronger than ever (Lauda, Kubica from his F1 shunt)

I think that Massa's problem is one of confidence.  We see the same problem with Hamilton.  The entire field didn't suddenly gain on these two:  they've lost whatever edge made them special drivers in 2008.  I hope they can both get it back.

Offline Andy B

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2012, 05:50:23 AM »
I'm not sure you can include Hamilton in this Jeri as he is on the pace or there abouts and won three races last season. This is not the case with Massa he is not on the pace and has not been for a while. I doubt Ferrari will give him too much time if he does not come up with the goods soon.  :good:

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2012, 12:19:27 PM »
I don't think today will help Felipe's case for continued employment at Ferrari much...
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2012, 12:24:09 PM »
"Olá!, Rubens! Do any other of those IRL teams need a driver?"
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle