collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 524
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Poll

Will massa see out the season

No problem he's fine.
No he'll be gone before the season end.
I don't know.
I don't care.

Author Topic: Filipe Massa  (Read 11730 times)

Offline hayleylsl

Re: Filipe Massa
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2012, 12:45:24 PM »
He'll be out by China...

Perez did a fantastic job and will replace him in the next week i reckon :-)  I dont think Alonso will be to happy about it but it might spur him on even more and make for a really exciting season :-)
"It's like riding a bicycle around your living room"

Nelson Piquet on the Monaco Grand Prix..

Offline Ian

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2012, 07:26:53 PM »
I'm sorry to have to say it but I also now think Felipe has lost all his confidence, a great shame as I liked Felipe.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Scott

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2012, 07:32:24 PM »
I don't think todays race was fair to judge him.  It was a bit of a crazy time out there, with half the top runners finishing in the back.  Could just have easily happened to Alonso. 

For the record, NO, I am not getting soft on Massa, I just think Ferrari needs to work on their car and technical department (you see how long it took them to sort out a tent??  Send those boys back to engineering school) and do their driver changes in the off season.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline hayleylsl

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2012, 08:57:51 PM »
I found the tent (Gazebo according to Brundle- it was a tent though!) thing most amusing :-)

I guess i have never really rated Massa as a great driver- but i guess he is steady and has masses of experience- mind you so has Alonso. It's quite sad really as Massa was never the same after his massive accident a few years back.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2012, 11:32:37 PM »
I don't think Indycar is too impressed with Reubens today either. Didn't exactly blow 'em away.
Lonny

Offline rossadopolus

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2012, 09:45:28 PM »
I still don't understand why Massa ever made it from his testing role at Ferrari into the race seat and the fact he's lasted this long is a miracle.

He drove erratically/dangerously for Sauber and then got picked up by Ferrari and I still don't see what potential they saw in him. He did 'OK' in 2008. He had a good car and a team mate (Kimi) who had lost interest. He didn't drive like a champion once. he only won from pole to flag so his talent was in his qualifying that season...not his racing.

I agree that Ferrari won't drop him during the season as it disrupted them so much when they did it in 2009 but it's his last season at Maranello for sure!

Roll on Perez ;) 

Offline Ian

« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2012, 09:52:53 PM »
Come on ross, Felipe had Michael beat more than once at Ferrari, and I'm a Schumacher fan.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Dare

« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2012, 11:35:24 PM »
Ferrari should have hired Fisichella when they had a decent car,Massa
couldn't touch him at Sauber
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Andy B

« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2012, 05:21:36 AM »
If Massa does not perform and Alonso does in China then it is only a matter of time, Alonso cannot win the constructors title alone!!
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Scott

« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2012, 03:12:02 PM »
Perez says he's committed to Sauber for 2012...of course he would say that.

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/177992/1/perez_full_commitment_to_sauber.html

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2012, 06:35:30 PM »
Lets see what did happened to the 2nd drivers of Ferrari in the last 15 Years...

If your 1st driver is down, you became the runners up of Driver's title ('99 Eddie, '08 Massa)

If you are good, support the team for 4 consecutive title, be an ideal no 2, you will be see you contract off (Rubens from 99 to 05)

Should Sergio be going to a team, where undoubtedly Alonso will be a first priority, given the ability and the reputation he have?? And history suggest Fisi was doing great in Force India, before the switch, running Raikonen to limit, almost earning the first win for Force India. As it happened did he ever reproduced that great drive ever in Ferrari?
I recall none, probably it is so because there was not any...

Given this facts, should Sergio join Ferrari... I guess its the lure of being a part of history, and also high paying bonuses, as well as the politics behind... they might end up as winner...

As for Massa, he should retire, because after his accident he lost his edge that made him a Ferrari driver. It may be proving difficult for him, so before you loose it further, along with the team, please take a break Felipe...
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Scott

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2012, 08:53:47 PM »
I wonder how much discussion there really should be on this.  I think the writing was on the wall shortly after he signed his current contract.  Ferrari will keep him on unless he does something really, really stupid (first race might have been a 1st strike kind of deal, second race was not normal, so Ferrari won't count it against him I think). 

Another discussion worth having is will Massa try, a la Rubens to stay on in F1 with any team that will sign him until he is forced through the door, knuckles in a death grip on the steering wheel as they yank him through the door (and where he will continue the same way through the other series, Indy, and then...shudder...NASCAR).

Or...will he like Irvine, hit the road with a laugh and a big bag of money as soon as the party's over (I actually admire Irvine for the way he left the sport instead of grovelling around for any seat available on the grid).

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2012, 10:55:48 PM »
I would walk away unless I got an offer from a good team, but I think I would try to get into WEC or Alms because I like those cars and that kind of racing.
Lonny

Offline hayleylsl

« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2012, 10:20:39 AM »
I wonder how much discussion there really should be on this.  I think the writing was on the wall shortly after he signed his current contract.  Ferrari will keep him on unless he does something really, really stupid (first race might have been a 1st strike kind of deal, second race was not normal, so Ferrari won't count it against him I think). 

Another discussion worth having is will Massa try, a la Rubens to stay on in F1 with any team that will sign him until he is forced through the door, knuckles in a death grip on the steering wheel as they yank him through the door (and where he will continue the same way through the other series, Indy, and then...shudder...NASCAR).

Or...will he like Irvine, hit the road with a laugh and a big bag of money as soon as the party's over (I actually admire Irvine for the way he left the sport instead of grovelling around for any seat available on the grid).

I met Eddie quite a few years back at a meet and greet- and he was hilarious, honest and thought-provoking- he was always game for a laugh and i too admired him for just leaving the sport rather than pootling around.

Offline Scott

« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2012, 01:08:20 PM »
It might have changed since then, but it wasn't so long ago I read somewhere that Irvine was in fact worth more than Schumacher.  Being Irish he was always a skinflint with money (  :P David  :P ), and he was a heck of an investor.   :good:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle