collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 141
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16157 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11273 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Angry Vettel calls Karthikeyan a Cucumber  (Read 3476 times)

Jugirl

Re: Angry Vettel calls Karthikeyan a Cucumber
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2012, 09:56:53 PM »
hehe

Possibly your right Cos

Ju

Offline romephius

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2012, 10:09:09 PM »
Alonso is not a princess......

Seems a bit girly and like a princess if he had to complain to the team to get Massa out of his way.... several time in the past couple years.... A 'true' fiesty spaniard would have just torn past him with no team orders at all.

Alonso has the skill to do it....

As for attitude for a winner.... well there are good winners and there are bad winners.....

I'm a winner in life and I don't need to hold others back to get there..... I work hard and make things happen.  So, if I can do it, why not a talented bunch of drivers???

And in retrospect, I think the reason it guiles me so much, is that I'm Australian, we respect a battler who asks nothing more and nothing less than a 'fair go' for all and let the results be what they are.

Jugirl

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2012, 10:16:31 PM »
All I can say is...

From every angle I look at him. Driving Skill, attitude of a winner and of course his looks,
He is all man to me  :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

Not wanting to start a fight but....my sister who lives in Australia, couldn't help but tell me how "unhappy" Australians were with the fact that us Brits finished above the Aussies in the 2008 Olympics. Hardly being happy with the results ;)

Ju

Offline romephius

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2012, 10:24:29 PM »
I couldn't comment on the Olympics thing honestly, I couldn't care less about it... lol... but, I call those people whingers.  The brits did a better job, so, good on them, they obviously deserved to rate higher.

And no Ju, I'm not saying Alonso isn't man enough for you, it's an attitude on the track that I don't like, man up and race, other than that, I don't really have a problem with him.  Hell, I was quite impressed with the post race interview he did, he acknowledged he got lucky for the win, was gracious in victory and realistic about his team and chances.  I hope he does race well and get a few chances to keep the front runners honest, nobody can deny he capitilised on circumstances and also was a bit lucky yesterday, he quite deserved the win, he drove well.

As for Vettel, I don't know why he thinks others should get out of his way, same thing I said before, man up and race.  Accept you aren't perfect Vettel and then why don't you cry about it.......

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2012, 12:27:13 AM »
This is a product of the times. I never heard Clark or Hill or Brabham called a Princess or any term that would suggest that kind of attitude. It's not just them though, if you have any dealings with young people you find it everywhere.
Lonny

Online Dare

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2012, 01:29:39 AM »
I didn't say that they weren't damn good drivers, I called them princess' because of the extremely childish behaviour when it comes to team spirit.  It's self centered, egotistical and the behaviour of a 2 year old.  It took button a while in Brawn before he even started to thank the team, that made me hate him.  Without the team these guys wouldn't win a single thing, hell, they wouldn't be driving, so, their 'acheivments' are just as much a testament to their team and somtimes their teammates abilities and skills.  

Like the old cliche, you don't win a race in the first corner, you don't win a race on your own or championships for that matter.

Princess list (please add more if you agree)

Vettel (front and centre)
Alonso (has required team orders on multiple occasions and let's not forget his Mclaren days)
Schumacher (more so earlier in his career)
Hamilton (less vocal about it, but, sooking by virtue of sad face alot)

Those are the ones that I can think of right now (early morning here)

As always though, this is just my opinion and how I feel.

I might add Massa and Rosberg to your list Rom and Scotty acting
a little uppity since he's leading the GG
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Scott

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2012, 07:10:20 AM »
I might add Massa and Rosberg to your list Rom and Scotty acting
a little uppity since he's leading the GG

:DD :DD :DD
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle