collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 574
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Heroes and Zeros Malaysia  (Read 3107 times)

Offline Scott

Heroes and Zeros Malaysia
« on: March 25, 2012, 01:25:15 PM »
Easy this week...

Heroes:

Top half of the field

Perez - what can you say.  I don't think that man will have to spend any more time scaring up sponsorship.

Zeros:

Bottom half.  

Honourable mention to Lewis for having another sour face during the podium, but at least he softened up once the Champagne was flowing.  

RBR for blatantly trying to avoid a grid penalty by calling in Vettel, and then not, and then calling him in again so he wouldn't finish the race and someone could take a hammer to his transmission and declare it broken in the race.   ;)

The race was great fun - but I don't think many of us are in double digit points this race.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 01:30:30 PM by Scott »

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Philbe

Re: Heroes and Zeros Malaysia
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 04:26:31 PM »
I'm with you...well done Perez fot keeping it between the lines...little sphincter move near the end but well done.
Ferrari had a bit of luck and a great drive from Fern.
Some great racing from the mid pack

WTF RBR?  Gossip around the come in don't come in might be interesting.
A very exciting race.

Offline Ian

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 04:33:42 PM »
I'll go along with that, Alonso never put a foot wrong, and what a drive from Perez, that little incident with the cost him the race I think,
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 05:05:24 PM »
Apparently RBR says they were calling Vettel in at the end because of a brake problem after the debris wrecked part of his brake duct while the rubber was thrashing around.  He said he wanted to cross the line anyhow...so if they change his tranny before the next race or not, they won't be a dnf this time and they would take a grid penalty.  I guess we'll have to wait and see.

There are conspiracy rumours about Sauber.  If there is anything to it, I suspect it was more that Perez was in discussion with the team about passing or not passing and that distracted him.  Either way, still an amazing finish for him and Sauber.  More points today than they got all last season.  :yahoo: :yahoo:

That said, I hope they keep Perez at least for a few more races.

Jugirl

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 05:17:09 PM »
Well what can I say. What a race, what a result.  :o :o
My throat is still sore hehe  :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Hero - Alonso

Enough said hehe

Only joking

Other Heroes

Perez - Had me worried to be fair great drive

BBC - Helped me miss 50 minutes of red flag :D

Zeroes -

Button - Should have just took your time, it was only a HRT :fool:

RBR - Make your minds up

Massa - Maybe you should let Perez have your seat ;)

Ju

Offline Scott

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2012, 05:20:14 PM »

No way - I hope he stays at Sauber for a bit...

Hey Ju, we were talking about you in chat...thought somebody might email you that Alonso was leading...guess not  :P

David

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2012, 05:54:13 PM »
Can't really add much or disagree with whats already been said. Great result for Ferrari, I just hope it's not the only nor this year. Perez was unreal for a second season rookie, and he would have got Ferd if it hadn't been for that one and only error.

Looks like it's going to be and epic season, just a pity the TV coverage isn't what it was. I know they are all available live, but I'll be dammed if I'm going to pay Sky to watch it, and I can't be bothered link hopping to get a feed.

Jugirl

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2012, 07:45:52 PM »

No way - I hope he stays at Sauber for a bit...

Hey Ju, we were talking about you in chat...thought somebody might email you that Alonso was leading...guess not  :P

If they had i would have killed them  >:D >:D When races are not live on the BBC it is a complete media blackout for me until highlights are shown :D

Ju

Offline Ian

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 07:55:11 PM »
We would'nt do that would we Ju ?   ::)  :P  :tease:

Jugirl

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2012, 08:02:13 PM »
We would'nt do that would we Ju ?   ::)  :P  :tease:

Mmmmm You wait till you only have the BBc coverage Ian  :P hehe

Ju

Offline Scott

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2012, 08:05:44 PM »
Looks like it's going to be and epic season, just a pity the TV coverage isn't what it was. I know they are all available live, but I'll be dammed if I'm going to pay Sky to watch it, and I can't be bothered link hopping to get a feed.

I found another link right after you left chat.  Dare and Cos have been watching F1 on streams for ages.  I think Sky's even easier to track down than the BBC was.

Offline Ian

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2012, 08:06:49 PM »
It's BBC only from now on for me too Ju, I'm annoyed at it, but the plus side is I won't miss the crap presenters on sky.

Jugirl

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2012, 08:13:09 PM »
I don't mind the coverage I have seen over the last two races. DC has impressed me being lead commentator and there is a lot less build up so I can actually see the race before Rebecca moans and says, this is boring" (she has to learn hehe)

As well as this, a huge plus is Sundays are now lazy days because I can't go out of my house because so many people have radios on to spoil the suspense  :nono:

Oh and the 45 minute Red Flag was about 10 seconds long :D

Ju

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2012, 08:26:48 PM »
I do agree sergio as the hero of the day and Alonso as well, they were brave, and today fortune played with them...

For Hamilton I guess having two pole and struggling to be a winner does give you a stern face, keep that up big boy...the top of the podium will be yours, and these point will come handy...

Why did any people not mentioned Roman? He did spoiled the race for MS, or we could have a stunner as we all know how good he is in the wets...

Ricardo is also the one who missed out as hero, A torro rosso passing a Ferrari, Minardi people (those who are still in the team of torro rosso) must be going crazy..so was I, yes being a hardcore fan of Ferrari,it was tough to swallow, but it was great to see that little italian outfit do that..

I wonder who does the rain stand, zero or hero??
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Scott

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2012, 08:30:16 PM »
How about the Kobi passing Schumacher?  That was a good one too!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle