collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 582
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Heroes and Zeros Malaysia  (Read 3106 times)

Offline hayleylsl

Re: Heroes and Zeros Malaysia
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2012, 09:11:36 PM »
Heroes:

Perez- i reckon there were some secret little orders going on about passing Alonso- i know im a bit of a conspirecy theorist but i dont think Ferrari would have liked a Sauber (sister/lesser works team) beating them- i dont know how this would have been relayed during the race with the radio's being broadcast- but there was something else going on there (in my little mind most probably ;-) )

Vergne- great drive there and in the points for Torro Rosso

Senna- great drive- great driver.

Zero's

Hmmm i think most of them did a good job...Massa wasn't up to scratch but i was more annoyed with Lewis for being a misery guts again..
"It's like riding a bicycle around your living room"

Nelson Piquet on the Monaco Grand Prix..

Jugirl

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2012, 09:19:03 PM »
Heroes:

Perez- i reckon there were some secret little orders going on about passing Alonso- i know im a bit of a conspirecy theorist but i dont think Ferrari would have liked a Sauber (sister/lesser works team) beating them- i dont know how this would have been relayed during the race with the radio's being broadcast- but there was something else going on there (in my little mind most probably ;-) )

Vergne- great drive there and in the points for Torro Rosso

Senna- great drive- great driver.

Zero's

Hmmm i think most of them did a good job...Massa wasn't up to scratch but i was more annoyed with Lewis for being a misery guts again..

I have to disagree. That radio message was simply one thing. Try to get the position but whatever you do don't crash trying. If he was holding station he wouldn't have closed right up into the DRS Overtaking zone before his error.
I honestly believe if Perez had not made that slip up I would not be quite as happy today as I current am.

Ju

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2012, 09:33:25 PM »
On Sky, They showed a sign in the crowd that said: "Fernando! I'm Here!" with and arrow pointing down at the person holding it. We thought it might be you, Ju.

Heroes:

Perez - You've all said it already, but I couldn't not mention him.

Maldonado - He had another very good run. He was well up in the order when his Dauphine engine packed it in. Not his fault this week.

Zeroes:

Massa - "Filipe, dang near everyone is faster than you."

A question I had during the race: There was a lightning strike that caused a power blip at the track. Race Control lost power for a moment and a red flag indicator came up on Timing & Scoring. Is this a Fail Safe device to stop a race quickly if Race Control goes down?
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2012, 09:37:00 PM »

A question I had during the race: There was a lightning strike that caused a power blip at the track. Race Control lost power for a moment and a red flag indicator came up on Timing & Scoring. Is this a Fail Safe device to stop a race quickly if Race Control goes down?

Yeah, I saw that red too - just before the SC came out.  Seems to make sense though - no power, they had better stop the race.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline hayleylsl

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2012, 09:42:06 PM »
On Sky, They showed a sign in the crowd that said: "Fernando! I'm Here!" with and arrow pointing down at the person holding it. We thought it might be you, Ju.

Heroes:

Perez - You've all said it already, but I couldn't not mention him.

Maldonado - He had another very good run. He was well up in the order when his Dauphine engine packed it in. Not his fault this week.

Zeroes:

Massa - "Filipe, dang near everyone is faster than you."

I wondered that too- id be interested to know the answer to this one.

Jugirl

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2012, 09:51:53 PM »

It wasn't but whoever it was better watch out. He is mine  >:D >:D >:D

Ju

Offline markfarrell9572

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2012, 09:58:37 PM »
Heroes:

Perez
Perez
Perez
Alonso
Sauber

Zeroes:

Button
Vettel
Massa
Sauber (for the call to Checo late in the race which must have distracted him)

Offline hayleylsl

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2012, 09:59:24 PM »

It wasn't but whoever it was better watch out. He is mine  >:D >:D >:D

Ju

^ That made me smile :-)  He did a good job today.

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2012, 12:12:43 AM »
Heroes

The entire paddock (or at least the part of it that was still working an hour before curfew on Friday night) - for helping put out the fire in the Lotus catering area. The building was unusuable but nobody was injured. Apparently a lot of people from teams across the pit lane were covered in soot afterwards. A security guard made sure Raikkonen and Petrov had a race suit and helmet each by rescuing those items and the FIA waivied the usual curfew for the time needed for the situation to be brought under control. Also, everyone was very accommodating of the team's needs afterwards. Lotus rewarded everyone by sending them an ice cream each (supposedly from "the Iceman" himself).

Pérez - this may be early to say, but I think Sergio just delivered the feelgood result of the year. Leaving aside the off, Sergio was bold, brave and measured all race, as appropriate to the ever-changing conditions. He's partying in Mexico tomorrow and thoroughly deserves it.

Alonso - a classy drive, delivering a knockout blow to those of us who thought the new Ferrari was useless. Really, it just needs the right driver and the right circumstances. Not sure if it will win anything in the dry, but it's clearly not F60 Mk II either. With Fernando's skill, that means that if the weather turns or things go weird... ...he'll probably need a bigger trophy cabinet.

Zeroes

Massa - Oh. Dear. This is not the way to keep a seat at Ferrari. Any drive which leads one to be compared to Luca Badoer is a serious problem. I had thought Felipe would remain with the Scuderia until season's end, but I'm a bit worried there might be a straight swap with Pérez, timed so that both can do the Mugello test before having to actually race.

Grosjean - no, you cannot crash into a rival and then wander into a gravel trap twice in succession without questions being asked. Lucky you are not at Ferrari right now...

Tank tape - for getting in Hamilton's way in his last pit stop.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2012, 12:22:44 AM »

I believe it is, and that the backup system activating was the reason the red flag indicator disappeared almost as soon as it appeared.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2012, 12:24:31 AM »
RBR for blatantly trying to avoid a grid penalty by calling in Vettel, and then not, and then calling him in again so he wouldn't finish the race and someone could take a hammer to his transmission and declare it broken in the race.   ;)

If a driver DNFs, they get a new gearbox even if the old one was in perfect condition. Though it was hilarious listening to Red Bull's inability to make up its mind, followed by the revelation that due to a radio failure Seb had heard precisely nothing of it...
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)

Offline Scott

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2012, 07:19:06 AM »
If a driver DNFs, they get a new gearbox even if the old one was in perfect condition. Though it was hilarious listening to Red Bull's inability to make up its mind, followed by the revelation that due to a radio failure Seb had heard precisely nothing of it...

Too funny - I didn't realize he hadn't heard a thing of it.  :DD :DD
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline rossadopolus

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2012, 08:01:48 PM »
Hats off to Bruno Senna...brought an average car home in 6th...cracking result! Shame about Maldonado's reliability...

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2012, 08:23:45 PM »
Hats off to Bruno Senna...brought an average car home in 6th...cracking result! Shame about Maldonado's reliability...

Average car?  :swoon: :nono: This year Williams are firmly back in the hunt, it's FIF1 who are looking a bit jaded this season.  ;)

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline rossadopolus

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2012, 09:26:40 PM »

Average car?  :swoon: :nono: This year Williams are firmly back in the hunt, it's FIF1 who are looking a bit jaded this season.  ;)

Senna did great to recover from his broken front wing but it is still an average car. Jenson, Vettel, Rosberg, Schumacher and Grosjean were all either out of position or DNF. So if Senna had been quick enough to beat the Force India's or Torro Rossos then his best reult would have been 9th. It's a great improvement on last years car but to say Williams are back in the hunt is a little ambitious. Bring back the glory days of the mid 90's!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle