collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 618
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: China among best races in F1 history for overtakes  (Read 1166 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
China among best races in F1 history for overtakes
« on: April 18, 2012, 12:12:36 AM »

72 passes not including first corner puts it 4th on all time league, Wow!  :yahoo:               
I wonder if Kimi's loss of 7 places in one lap, without mechanical failure, takes any records prize too?  :D

Statistically, the Chinese grand prix raced straight into the history books as one of the most exciting formula one events of all time.

Finland's Turun Sanomat newspaper reports that only three grands prix in the history of the sport played host to more individual overtaking moves.

The report said there were 72 passes in total on Sunday, not including the first corner of the race. Seven of the moves were on Kimi Raikkonen on one lap, after the Lotus driver's Pirelli tyres gave up the ghost.

Last year in Shanghai, there were 63 passes. So far in 2012, there were more overtaking moves in China, Malaysia and Australia compared to the same races last season.

Canada 2011 still stands as the site of the most passes during a single grand prix, at 89. In second place are the 1983 US grand prix and the 2011 Turkish grand prix (79 passes), followed by China last weekend.

OneStopStrategy.com, Today.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline F1fanaticBD

Re: China among best races in F1 history for overtakes
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 05:00:40 AM »
Numbers will say half the story, because it was clean racing, pure racing and none had the out and out advantage. :yahoo: :yahoo:
 Everybody had their own patches, and in the end who held to their nerve got out as the winner, none the less, those who where behind can be proud of themselves for putting a tremendous fight.. :good: :good: :good:

Nico was exceptional among these, God knows where did he find such a perfect car. :crazy: :crazy: while the rest of the field was scratching each other for the places.. :yahoo: :yahoo:

I am Bahrain will be straight forward, hot and dry race, and the midfield (including Ferrari) will be blown to the dessert by RBR & Macca, Mercedes might put a fight, but I dont think they will have any chance of repeating China... :'( :'(
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 07:10:44 AM »
Not so sure...Brawn has obviously figured out something the others are scrambling to find.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 01:02:31 AM »
According to Mercedes, a 2' drop in track temperature made all the difference in how they were able to use the tires. They are studying why such a small change made such a great difference. So far this year, the Merc has preferred cooler conditions, though Brawn and Rosberg both say they are making progress on widening the window the car performs well in.
Lonny

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 10:24:58 AM »
That is the thing people, the colder temperature, did helped Mercedes to get such a performance, and I have a feeling this may play certain role, as Bahrain is almost the reverse condition of China.. So Mercedes may be up for a bashing, but unless Brawn again pulls another trickery out of blue...

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 03:29:43 PM »
That is the thing people, the colder temperature, did helped Mercedes to get such a performance, and I have a feeling this may play certain role, as Bahrain is almost the reverse condition of China.. So Mercedes may be up for a bashing, but unless Brawn again pulls another trickery out of blue...

Isn't that half the fun though?  Never knowing which car is going to star at which track?

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 02:53:01 AM »
McLaren seems to like it warm, so this could be their weekend. I'm kind of thinking Louis might break out this time.
Lonny

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 07:45:10 AM »
Yeap Jeri, I totally agree, and that is why I am getting more and more addicted to this season.. And it fares up so good, because last year, our dear old cucumber really nailed it to the boredom..Now we are up for a great season again.. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

P.s I am not a Vettel-Hater, but I could not stop myself referring him with that name.. :DD :DD :DD

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle