collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 538
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: What are we expecting in China on Sunday??  (Read 3100 times)

Offline cosworth151

Re: What are we expecting in China on Sunday??
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2012, 11:08:19 PM »
Too bad that the two most influential people in the race were the rear wheel guys for Schumi and Button. A fine case of "what if...."
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Cam

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2012, 12:30:12 PM »
So how'd I go . . . .

One thing Schumi has been doing well in his comeback has been starting, although it has usually been from dismal starting positions.  Rosberg is taking a while to adjust to the concept of being a contender, this was the first Q3 hot lap he hasn't stuffed up this year, so I expect him to get the yips and schumi to beat him to turn one.
Wrong: Schumi lost ground to Rosberg at the start, and nearly got swallowed by the others. Score 0/1

In the race, on form, you would expect it to be a Macca to take the flag
Wrong: Score 0/2

Red Bull don't have the pace
Right: Score 1/3

and Mercedes cant maintain their race pace
Wrong: Score 1/4

Even if they are in front with DRS the options for using strategy to keep someone behind are much more limited now.
Wrong: They all but neutered the DRS by shortening the zone, as evidenced by the Massa and Raikkonnen conga lines. Towards the end of the race it occasionally became effective, fuel loads perhaps? Score 1/5

So which Macca will it be, I'm favouring Hamilton, when there's cars to be passed his form is better, Jenson is imperious when he has no-one in front of him, but can lose his way when there is.  When Lewis has slower cars in front of him, you wont die wondering 
Wrong: Score 1/6

Off to place my bets now . . . . . .
:-[ Score 1/7

Much has been made of the non-appearance of the expected Mercedes tyre wear.  Whilst they are clearly learning how to manage the situation, I think the nature of the race flattered them a little, tyre degradation is much higher when following other cars due to sliding (quote Martin Brundle) resulting from downforce loss and fluctuations from the wake of the car in front and having to push harder to try and get past.  The aforementioned conga lines not only held various contenders (primarily the Maccas) up, it wore away their tyres as well just as fast as the Mercs were.

If Button had not had his pit mishap and had clear air between him and Rosberg for the last third of the race he would have come very very close.  A lot closer than the race would suggest.

And finally, the way Raikkonen went from 2nd to 14th in the blink of an eye was possibly the most stunning part of the whole race.  I don't blame them for leaving Kimi out though, if he had pitted he would have ended up back there anyway.
I am a lover of what is, not because I'm a spiritual person, but because it hurts when I argue with reality - Byron Katie

Offline Scott

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2012, 03:34:21 PM »
I agree.  Button's pace until the pit stop would have given him 3-4 laps within passing distance.  I would bet on Button over Rosberg in that scenario.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle