collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 335
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: More Michael news  (Read 5197 times)

Online Dare

More Michael news
« on: April 16, 2012, 07:58:13 PM »
This is mainly for the Michael lovers here,Monty included

Michael Schumacher could be the next silver-clad driver who takes a Mercedes to the top step of the podium.

His teammate Nico Rosberg dominated the Shanghai weekend and, at his 111th attempt, finally broke through with a maiden pole and win.

The much-younger German also dominated Schumacher, the 43-year-old, at Mercedes in the last two years -- ever since the seven time world champion returned to Formula One in 2010.

But former Benetton and Ferrari title winner Schumacher appears much more on Rosberg's pace this season, and in fact even solidly outqualified his 26-year-old teammate in Australia and Malaysia.

"It's simple," Schumacher told Brazil's O Estado de S.Paulo.

"The way I can drive this car is much more how I have driven a car throughout my whole life.

"If you look at my driving today and compare with ten years ago, not much has changed," said the famous German. "But if you look at 2010 and 2011, my arms never stopped working.

"It wasn't my way to drive," insisted Schumacher.

Having followed Rosberg early in the Chinese Grand Prix - before his retirement - Schumacher admitted that he could not quite match the leading pace.

But, despite not standing on a podium even once since his F1 comeback, he has now smelled that a victory is close.

"It will be the same feeling as when I went to the podium for the first time with Benetton, and Ferrari," Schumacher predicted.

"When I started with those teams, we were far away from being able to think about it. But after a lot of work, I would say years - just as now with Mercedes - we had reached the stage of being able to fight.

"Most people have no idea how many things need to be changed, how much effort and investment is required. At 43 I'm going through all of this again, but it's because I really love what I do."

Schumacher's Mercedes contract expires at the end of this year.

"You might not believe it," he responded, "but I'm so focused on developing this car that I don't think about it.

"Later on in the season, of course, it's inevitable.

"Of course it gives me great pleasure that we are starting to see the results of this great work. I am still perfectly capable of winning in Formula One," Schumacher insisted.

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Scott

Re: More Michael news
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 08:54:08 PM »
Heck, I had him for the win in China!
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 09:15:42 PM »
So did I. That wheel guy owes us both big time, Scott!
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 04:56:05 AM »
That guy was a Nico's best friend, and was desperate to stop MS.. Otherwise MS would have nailed him... >:D >:D cost all of the GG people big time... :tease: :tease:
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

David

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 07:56:56 PM »
I for one would love to see Michael on the top step one more time at least.  :good:

Could this could be the year.  :DntKnw:

Offline Ian

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 08:04:03 PM »
I'm convinced he'll be on the podium this year David, like yourself I'm praying it'll be the top step.  :yahoo:
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 03:21:07 AM »
Nah!
Lonny

Online Dare

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 03:47:06 AM »
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012, 11:26:51 AM »
Nah!

I fear you may be right Lonny, Nico getting his first win will have laid some ghosts so to speak and he will have an extra couple of tenths on Schumi just from the confidence boost. If Nico can win again soon, with Schumi finishing in that race, then he is likely to become unstoppable against Michael.

I have always thought that Nico did not have a win in him, :fool: that I am, - well now that's over with he will just grow.

A first win, however it is acheived, gives drivers a boost in confidence and self belief that cannot be acheived any other way. I'm sure we all remember Mika being gifted his first win, by his own and the Williams team, at the end of the 97 season. - look what happened at the first two races of the next season, and then throughout the season.  :swoon:

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Ian

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 12:17:22 PM »
Nah John and Lonny.  :P  :tease:
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2012, 05:17:07 PM »
I am with you Ian  :good: :good: :good:

I want MS to get his tally more than staggering 91...

Online Dare

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2012, 09:55:26 PM »
But if after Nico winning has his confidence inflated not
if but when Michael wins he'll think,how can this old man
beat me?

and

Michael has 2 things going for him,years of experience and the
biggest thing,Brawn is his ol buddy

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2012, 10:02:33 PM »
I am with you Ian  :good: :good: :good:

I want MS to get his tally more than staggering 91...

Sure I want Schumi to get more wins too, I just think it's got a lot harder for him with Nico standing on the top step at last.  ;)

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2012, 12:51:15 AM »
Post China, MS said he could not match Nico's pace in the early laps.  :DntKnw:
Lonny

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2012, 10:19:19 AM »
I agree, Lonny, but it does not mean MS could not have gained in the second or third stint after tire changes.. As the possibilities were endless, so speculations will never end..

But If the trend of performance is somewhat like this, I believe in a given Mercedes day, MS will outpace Nico in Monza, Spa, Suzuka might clinch one or more.. But I have every reason to believe as well he will be knocked out of these races, before he could be anywhere near the winners place.. But I have seen in last two years, he have out-qualified Nico in this old- his favorite places..so lets see what could MS deliver...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle