collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 392
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11252 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Still think F1 should be in Bahrain this weekend?  (Read 4690 times)

Offline markfarrell9572

David

Re: Still think F1 should be in Bahrain this weekend?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 07:10:30 PM »
Heard this on the news on the way home from work. I have a very bad feeling about this weekend, I fear we may see something other than racing. Hope I'm wrong.

Offline Ian

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 07:37:16 PM »
Saw this on the BBC F1 site this morning, even if the firebomb was'nt aimed at them it's dodgy.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Online Jericoke

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 08:04:51 PM »
Bring in the Brazillian security teams F1 uses

They seem to get the job done.

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 07:39:03 AM »
This what I feared most, The F1 fraternity becomes the target, as it has allied with the government, thus become enemies to the protesters.. And any such incidence will bear the consequence of greed of power hungry people like Bernie & company...

But if they can and should ensure the safety of these people..then I must say the sports should go on and should not associate with an internal situation of a sovereign country..
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

vintly

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 09:38:06 AM »
Bloody stupid decision to go there in the first place. Nice one Bernie.

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 02:48:46 PM »
Bernie would never stop throwing these tantrum, and like always others have to pay this vulture's childishness...
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Scott

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 04:11:47 PM »
The hacker group Anonymous has apparently takend down the official F1 website as a protest against the Bahrain race.

http://jalopnik.com/5903732/breaking-anonymous-takes-down-formula-1-website-with-ddos-attack

Seems to still be down - I can't get on it at the moment.

I'd much rather them hack into Bernie's accounts and do a Robin Hood by giving the teams all his money.   :good:

I hope we stay under the radar (get your picks in!!).  They've also taken down fan site F1racers.net   

Attached is a screen shot I pulled when I tried to visit F1racers.net
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 04:24:54 PM by Scott »
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 06:03:45 PM »
It's all well and good to slam Bernie for signing Bahrain, but Todt is the one who actually made the decision to race there this weekend. He could have pulled the race for any of several reasons, but he is also interested in the Bahraini money for the FIA. >:D
Lonny

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2012, 09:40:08 PM »
Yesterday the Force India story was the main news item on the local news. This despite none of those involved coming from anywhere in the radio station's territory. Afterwards the DJ joked about being unable to even give away his tickets to Bahrain and binned them on-air*.

Way to make yourself look like plonkers, FIA...

* - I don't think he really had tickets: for all that the DJ in question is an F1 fan, the paper didn't sound thick enough to be actual tickets...
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Canada Darrell™

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2012, 11:51:04 PM »

* - I don't think he really had tickets: for all that the DJ in question is an F1 fan, the paper didn't sound thick enough to be actual tickets...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Kimi's back! Future double WDC.

Offline romephius

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2012, 02:01:27 AM »
I agree in principle with fixing the human rights atrocities in Bahrain, I completely condemn the hacker group Anonymous.  They are nothing more than cyber terrorists who attack any who don't agree with their views.  They need to be tracked down, arrested and imprisoned as the terrorists they are, right along side the true terrorists of this world, including the sickening regime of Bahrain.

Sorry if this view takes anyones opinion of me down alot, but, I am sick of the self rightious attitudes running around, people feeling superior because they support things only in theory.  If they want my respect, get off their pompous arses and do something.

As always this is just my opinion.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2012, 02:41:36 AM »
I've read a bit about Anonymous, and they are really a bunch of asocial people who take down websites because it's fun. They are not as principled or political as they pretend to be. Several of their members are suspected of cyber bullying a girl into suicide. I don't think they can even be termed terrorists because terrorists usually have a cause or belief driving their actions. They just do it for lols.
Lonny

Online John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2012, 09:32:38 AM »
I agree in principle with fixing the human rights atrocities in Bahrain, I completely condemn the hacker group Anonymous.  They are nothing more than cyber terrorists who attack any who don't agree with their views.  They need to be tracked down, arrested and imprisoned as the terrorists they are, right along side the true terrorists of this world, including the sickening regime of Bahrain.

Sorry if this view takes anyones opinion of me down alot, but, I am sick of the self rightious attitudes running around, people feeling superior because they support things only in theory.  If they want my respect, get off their pompous arses and do something.

As always this is just my opinion.

Gets my vote Rom.  :good:  

Although as punishment for their actions the should be sentenced to spend a few years in a remote place with no internet access, see how they like having their service taken down.  ;)

« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 09:35:59 AM by John S »
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Ian

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2012, 10:08:51 AM »
They and the ones who plant viruses are no better than a gang feral youths who deliberately attack and cripple a person for the fun of it.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle