collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 574
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Force India Skip P2 Due To Bahrain Dangers  (Read 1332 times)

Online cosworth151

Force India Skip P2 Due To Bahrain Dangers
« on: April 20, 2012, 12:20:07 PM »
I write this at about 10 minutes into Free Practice 2 at Bahrain. It looks like Force India will not take part in the session due to the dangers of traveling in the kingdom. The team mechanics will spend the time converting the cars to Saturday trim so that they can leave the circuit in daylight. These mechanics suffered a close call Thursday when they were caught between human rights protesters and Bahraini state security forces.

On Sky TV, Bernie Ecclestone just offered to ride back to the hotel with the team.

The cars require quite a bit of work between Friday practice and Saturday. On Friday, the teams use older equipment (engines, gearboxes, electronics, etc). On Saturday, the cars must be in race trim. The teams usually work until midnight or later on Fridays to make the change.

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline F1fanaticBD

Re: Force India Skip P2 Due To Bahrain Dangers
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 02:45:44 PM »
They were really doing great, in the free practice 1 session, and I dont blame these blokes, after they have to suffer..

Yes Bernie all you can do is a sarcastic answer, so typical of you.. >:D >:D

You brought them here, because of your greed, and now this pathetic solution.. I am swearing by every bit of knowledge I have gathered since my birth, in every possible language possible for this greedy shark..

I only asked you to provide security, I don't mind what is happening in the country, all I wanted a few safety measure, and that shark overlooked everything for his greed..
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 06:13:59 PM »
Again, Jean Todt is the one who made the actual decision to go to Bahrain and race, despite having several plausible reasons to cancel as Alia has pointed out in her blog. Todt is just as greedy for mideastern money as Bernie, the only difference is it goes to FIA projects not into his pocket.
Lonny

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 08:26:18 PM »
Atleast hopefully some of the project may give us some fruitful results in the long run, while as Bernie's pocket swell, so does his greed
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Willy

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 11:21:05 PM »
Lets all believe that the race will go as planned and everyone will get out of the country unharmed.

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 04:46:17 PM »
Todt is just as greedy for mideastern money as Bernie, the only difference is it goes to FIA projects not into his pocket.

:DD

Thanks.  Needed a good laugh

Online cosworth151

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 12:39:08 AM »
When I was watching quali this morning, it seemed like the video feed, which comes from F1, didn't show the FIF1 cars much at all. Bernie's Revenge?
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 03:36:01 PM »
When I was watching quali this morning, it seemed like the video feed, which comes from F1, didn't show the FIF1 cars much at all. Bernie's Revenge?

Does it ever show FIF1 cars much?  :DntKnw: Probably not unless they are running when few others are out on track or are making the big teams look foolish. The only real way for mid pack and tail enders to get screen time is to get out as soon as the Q1 clock starts. I seem to recall Minardi nearly always parked at the end of pit lane to be first out at the start of practice to make sure they got on TV at least once in the weekend.  ;)

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 03:57:13 PM »
Barely showed them during the race either even when Di Resta was briefly in the lead
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle