collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 369
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11251 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Bahrain stewards enquiries  (Read 7531 times)

Offline Ian

Re: Bahrain stewards enquiries
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2012, 05:27:42 PM »
If the positions had been reversed, Hamilton would have got one.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2012, 06:00:00 PM »
20 years back Ron Dennis asked "Where is the consistency?"

After 20 years, we are still asking the same question about the stewards, with all the logic and points for the debate..

And still we wonder, "Where is the consistency?"
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Scott

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2012, 06:05:26 PM »
Surprised Nico didn't get a penalty there.

And the age old argument continues...should Hammy have lifted instead of going off track?  I'm glad he didn't.   :good: :good:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2012, 01:59:33 AM »
Perhaps they are following the NBA's policy "NO Harm, No Foul". Since there was no harm, so no foul or penalty. If Lewis had held his ground and gotten hit, then they would have issued a penalty. Of course we can't be sure who would have been penalized.  ;) ( There was a guy on Keith Collentine's site who clearly saw Karthekeyan swerve to deliberately hit Vettel in Malaysia. Guess his eyes are better than mine!)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 02:57:48 AM by lkjohnson1950 »
Lonny

Online John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2012, 08:13:01 AM »
I'm surprised they never.

That's what I'm complaining about, if Nico did nothing wrong then what was Hammy doing passing him beyond the limits of the track and not getting a penalty?  :confused: :confused: :confused: 

I'm glad they never penalised Lewis, obviously, as I can't see what he did wrong.

Let's hope the stewards can keep this laid back approach to allow the guys to go hammer and tongs for places, although I sadly fear we shall see the return of stupid penalties all too soon.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2012, 01:08:07 PM »
Until and unless there is contact, none should be penalised or investigated at all.. This is racing, and driver should be given every possible oppertunity to defend his position... Why cannot people live with this simple fact...Hypocrite stewards, don't even understand themselves what are they actually doing...

Offline Cam

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2012, 03:33:15 AM »
The stewards got it completely right.

If you actually watch the incident, Hamilton was behind Rosberg for the entire time Rosberg was moving over to the side of the track, one blocking move which he is entitled to.

Lewis then chose to go cross country to get past.  The fact that he got past with the celerity that he did is evidence enough that Rosberg didnt baulk Hamilton at all (despite his best efforts).

The thing that intrigues me about this manouvre is Hamiltons commitment to get past, in this case it was extreme, and questionable. In different circumstances, which will arise eventually, it is going to end in tears.
I am a lover of what is, not because I'm a spiritual person, but because it hurts when I argue with reality - Byron Katie

Offline Scott

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2012, 10:54:47 AM »
I didn't actually question Rosberg's move, but Hamilton's.  I thought after the fiascos of a couple of years ago when Kimi and others found paved runoff areas had enough grip to actually get an advantage over racing within the lines they made changes.  They created that rule about making a pass with more than two wheels off the track.  I thought Hamilton had all 4 wheels over the line when he passed Rosberg.  I guess either I didn't see it quite right, or the stewards are only sometimes applying that rule.   :DntKnw: :DntKnw:

Offline Monty

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2012, 12:07:13 PM »
I didn't actually question Rosberg's move, but Hamilton's.

Well I knew someone would try to blame Hamilton.
Let me see, Hamilton was clearly alongside Rosberg on a really wide part of the track; Rosberg turns his sterring wheel hard right (considering he is on a straight and the normal line is as far left as possible); Rosberg continues to move right even though Hamilton is now wheel to wheel with him (when I raced that was called 'crowding'); Hamilton moves right to avoid contact and finally (and easily) drives past the much slower Rosberg but admitedly with all four wheels over the line for a short period. His options? Jump on the brakes (on a dusty track), hold his line and accept wheel to wheel contact with Rosberg (next to a concrete wall),?,?,?.

Obviously Hamiltons fault, again  :fool:

Offline Ian

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2012, 12:14:19 PM »
It ain't often I agree with you monty, but I do this time.

Offline Scott

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2012, 02:09:44 PM »
Easy boys.  I'm not a die-hard Hamilton fan, but I agree he's been picked on WAY too much by the stewards over the past couple of years, most often in his tangles with Massa.

I was thrilled that he made the pass, and as it's been said, was on the edge of my seat when he made it. 

That said, what I mean is that when they announced there was a stewards investigation, I thought it would be towards Hamilton more than Rosberg based only on the 4 tire rule.  Rosberg made one move as far as I saw, so I didn't see anything wrong with it, especially because as I recall Hamilton was not actually alongside him, but barely up to Rosberg's wheel.  But Hamilton was committed, and if he had lifted, he would have had to wait probably a couple of laps for another opportunity.  Glad he didn't, and especially glad because that was one of the most spectacular passes in the race.

Only questioning the stewards call.  I'm glad he didn't get yet another penalty, and in fact I think the 4 wheel rule sucks because if you can make a pass stick outside the lines on gravel, sand, grass or just dirty pavement, then you get my thumbs up.  :good: :good:

Of course Monty, if it had been Schumacher he passed, I would have been screaming for a penalty on Hamilton...  :tease: :tease: :tease:

Offline Ian

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2012, 08:12:10 PM »
 :DD  :DD  :DD  Love it Scott.

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2012, 08:27:11 PM »

Of course Monty, if it had been Schumacher he passed, I would have been screaming for a penalty on Hamilton...  :tease: :tease: :tease:

You are simply great Scott.... :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD

Offline Monty

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2012, 12:48:17 PM »
Of course Monty, if it had been Schumacher he passed, I would have been screaming for a penalty on Hamilton... 
and of course if the particular miracle of Schumacher legitimately being in front of Hamilton did occur and the raving cheat pushed Hamilton against the wall (like when he tried to kill Rubens) I would accept it with very little complaint   :stop:

Online John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2012, 12:58:16 PM »
Of course Monty, if it had been Schumacher he passed, I would have been screaming for a penalty on Hamilton... 
and of course if the particular miracle of Schumacher legitimately being in front of Hamilton did occur and the raving cheat pushed Hamilton against the wall (like when he tried to kill Rubens) I would accept it with very little complaint   :stop:

Hey I've just seen a whole herd of pigs skydiving.  ;) :D :DD :DD :DD :DD

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle