collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 523
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Raikkonen: F1 is not my life  (Read 1120 times)

Offline Dare

Raikkonen: F1 is not my life
« on: May 01, 2012, 04:12:54 PM »

Maybe it isn't but if I were him I'd act like it was!Maybe he hasn't
read our thread that Ruben's has his phone near by,just in case

Kimi Raikkonen may be enjoying his F1 comeback but the Finn is quick to point out that is just a job and not his life.

After two years away from the sport, Raikkonen returned this season with Lotus and has already achieved his first podium finish thanks to his runner-up result at the Bahrain GP.

But whatever his results out on track, the 2007 World Champ insists he doesn't care whether they praise or criticism from others.

"It has not gone bad," Raikkonen told Bild am Sonntag. "I like what I'm doing, that's enough.

"I don't care if someone says I'm doing it well or not. Still, it is disappointing when you're only second.

"After the 14th place in the Chinese race was not what we wanted, for the first time we have to be happy with Bahrain."

Pressed to whether he believes Lotus can win, Raikkonen said: "That's the goal. I don't like second place.

"The base is good and what knows what will happen at the next race."

Raikkonen, known for his don't give a damn attitude, gave an as-to-be-expected answer when asked if there was anything aside from the battles that he missed about F1 during his time away.

"No. I'm only here for the racing," he said. "All the other bullshit I can do without.

"If you took away the cars from Formula One, I would not be there. All the other trappings, the fame and stuff, I'm not interested."

The 32-year-old added: "This is work for me and when I go home I'm not working there.

"Formula One plays no role in my personal life. I have a real life! I think for many people their lives are Formula One. For me it's not."

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline F1fanaticBD

Re: Raikkonen: F1 is not my life
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 05:13:25 PM »

"If you took away the cars from Formula One, I would not be there. All the other trappings, the fame and stuff, I'm not interested."

Its not a surprise, that this bloke almost won a race, just after 4 race in the season...

Hats off Kimi, you just gave us a reason love you a little bit more.. :yahoo: :yahoo:
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Willy

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 11:36:18 PM »
He is my fave driver and alot of that is due to his attitude of not caring about all the other bullshit and fame trappings that come with F1.
He speaks with the results he achieves in the car and the rest of it is of no interest.
Way to go Kimi.
This is also what I loved about Jacques Villeneuve.

Offline Canada Darrell™

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 04:01:50 AM »
Kimi is cool personified. He may not be the media darling as far as quotes go but you can expect an honest answer to a good question, or a sarcastic answer to a stupid one.  :good:
Kimi's back! Future double WDC.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 05:18:15 AM »
Can't ask for better than that. The problem is there are a lot more stupid questions than good ones. Such as "What's it like out there?" Or " Can you make it to the finish on fuel?" One of the best I ever heard was Graham Hill's reply to a reporter who asked him why he dropped out of an F1 race. Fixing the reporter with one of those looks the British give to mentally challenged people, he replied: " Well, first it went bang, then it didn't go at all."
Lonny

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 04:50:13 PM »
Kimi has this whimsicalness of true racing drivers, that he is really not concerned about anything else, (except ice cream & partying  :tease: :tease:)...
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 03:03:13 AM »
He was born too late, he would have fit right in with the Bentley Boys.
Lonny

Offline hayleylsl

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2012, 02:55:56 PM »
I like Kimi- he's a fun driver and not prone to throwing tantrums like some of the modern field (Lewis could take some notes from him)

He doesn't say a lot but what he does say is generally spot on- and of course all of his "kimi-isms"

"It's like riding a bicycle around your living room"

Nelson Piquet on the Monaco Grand Prix..

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle