collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 598
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Schumacher gets 5 place grid penalty  (Read 5941 times)

Offline F1fanaticBD

Re: Schumacher gets 5 place grid penalty
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2012, 08:33:40 PM »
If the car ahead, break early it gives a opportunity to pass the car, if you cannot take this advantage, then tell me, why are you hailed as one of the greatest?

But equally was Senna culpable to penalty. Which clause? Dangerous driving, when you are reaking early, and knowing a guy behind you, you must give yourself certain room, so that the guy following you does not bang your car. Senna should have this judgement as well.

Penalizing MS without any penalty is Senna is harsh. Micheal was fighting for a place, and being crushed out because the guy in-front suddenly realized to break early, and after being crashed out, he is penalized for a racing incident.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2012, 03:36:30 AM »
On the BBC broadcast, Coulthard very bitterly recounted how it's the following car's responsibility to react to early braking of the lead car.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2012, 04:19:14 PM »
On the BBC broadcast, Coulthard very bitterly recounted how it's the following car's responsibility to react to early braking of the lead car.

That's his excuse for taking Schumi out in the rain at the 98 Spa race.  :D

Brake testing your pursuers is ok in some series, like touring cars - but you run the risk of being bumped out of the way, in open wheel racing it's frowned upon as it's too dangerous to have cars shunted from behind. From his comment David seems to be thinking now with his DTM head rather than his wiser F1 brain.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Dare

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2012, 04:31:24 PM »

That's his excuse for taking Schumi out in the rain at the 98 Spa race.  :D

Brake testing your pursuers is ok in some series, like touring cars - but you run the risk of being bumped out of the way, in open wheel racing it's frowned upon as it's too dangerous to have cars shunted from behind. From his comment David seems to be thinking now with his DTM head rather than his wiser F1 brain.

I don't think there's any luv lost between MS and DC and ever now and
then DC slips up and it shows.

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Dare

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2012, 04:34:25 PM »
I agree with you all that it looked like Senna made more than one move. Ironically, it looked very much like what Schumi used to do.

When MS weaved back then he was protecting his spot not defending
a car that was over taking like Senna was.

Pastor is making me have 2nd thoughts about Senna!I don't
think he has much a future in F1
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

vintly

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2012, 08:53:33 PM »
I totally admire Schumacher's skills, and his records, they're not in question. But his inability to admit fault in any circumstance, and some of his appalling moves in the past simply leave a nasty taste in my mouth. Can't find anything endearing about him. So regardless of who was at fault, I'm glad Schumacher got a penalty and I hope ill luck befalls his smarmy lopsided face. p*ss off and retire Schumi, you boring annoying git.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 08:56:58 PM by vintly »

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2012, 12:58:34 AM »
Bruno & MS taking each other out, I guess it has more to do with their frustration for being beaten by their team-mate almost every time this season. These are two hyped drivers, one being the iconic image of F1, with probably most decorated profile of a formula one driver, and other is the next big thing, bearing a name of past glory, and yet instead keeping upto the hype, they have failed miserably. Both of their teams have won this year, one after almost 55 years and other after 8 years of struggle, general believe was that, these two might have been the winner for respective teams, instead they are making headlines for totally wrong reason.

Yes after watching these two I would certainly agree with people urging Schumacher to retire. If you cannot adapt, you should retire, as simple as that. Yes I am a great fan of yours, but what we have seen in the Barcelona, I am not fan of this irratic, lack of judmental ability Schumacher. And Bruno, being a Senna does not necessarily means that you will be fast. Know what you can, how you can. And if you fail, without much much disgrace to your name give up.

(It heart-wrecking to see such drive from two of my favourites, who kept me exciting during the start of the season.)

Offline Monty

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2012, 12:31:56 PM »
Please stop talking as if Senna was to blame.
He was completely innocent unless there is now a rule for driving your car at a slower pace when your tyres are completely finished (in which case half the field should not have been on circuit!).
Face it; Schumacher screwed up. It was an unfortunate accident (that any decent driver could have avoided). It certainly was not Senna's fault in any way (that is why he wasn't penalised).
Have a look at Andrew Benson's article on BBC. It gives a very accurate, expert description of the event.

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2012, 05:00:17 PM »
There is no doubt MS screwed up, and yes it ended his race. What is the point to penalize a driver for an unfortunate incident? What is the message they are trying to convey? Did MS drove a reckless drive and gained anything? No. It was a pure racing incident, so why is he penalized?

Stewards are making erratic decisions, and rather than being consistent, they are degrading their integrity much more than the Pirelli tyres.

vintly

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2012, 05:50:49 PM »
There is no doubt MS screwed up, and yes it ended his race. What is the point to penalize a driver for an unfortunate incident? What is the message they are trying to convey? Did MS drove a reckless drive and gained anything? No. It was a pure racing incident, so why is he penalized?

Stewards are making erratic decisions, and rather than being consistent, they are degrading their integrity much more than the Pirelli tyres.

It also ended Senna's race, remember? That's why he was penalised. Why anyone thinks it's more complicated than that is beyond me...

Offline Ian

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2012, 08:06:11 PM »
 :DD Good old Michael (Marmite)Schumacher.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2012, 09:17:05 PM »
:DD Good old Michael (Marmite)Schumacher.

Touche to that Ian... :good: :good:

Offline Scott

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2012, 09:22:48 PM »
Actually, now that Ali has explained the one move rule (that it doesn't apply if there is still enough room to pass, meaning a car in front can wiggle all it wants as long as it doesn't shut the door on either side), I'm quite content with MS getting the penalty.  He really should have been much more careful and if he had chosen one side - either side - to pass Senna before he kissed his rear end, then he wouldn't have been out of the race, and wouldn't have had a penalty.  He didn't, he hesitated and then left his decision WAY too late to do anything about it.  

I think with the new qualifying, there should be a different way of applying grid penalties, and would make it more like sitting in the corner for punished drivers.  If there is a penalty from a previous race that needs to be applied, simply DQ them from Q3, no matter how high they get.  That way they can do away with silly penalties for backmarkers that simply move them one or two places from 2nd last to last, while at the same time taking front runners off the TV set for 10min on Saturdays.  Just an idea, but I like it better than a simple grid penalty.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2012, 10:52:45 AM »

Just had a thought, aren't the stewards asking for trouble moving Michael back 5 places since he has such trouble overtaking others?  :crazy:

Surely in deference to his age, failing reflexes and eyesight, they should promote him 5 places to minimize the damage he can do and let all the young guns enjoy getting past the multi world champ at each race.  :D ;)  :tease:

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2012, 05:56:59 PM »
 :DD :DD :DD
Lonny

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle