collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 326
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Michael Schumacher ranked second wealthiest sportsman in the world  (Read 2717 times)

Offline Dare

Sportsmen – whether you'd classify them all as athletes or not – are some of the wealthiest people in the world. And every year, The Sunday Times puts out a list of the richest among them. The list takes all their assets into account – including salaries past and present, endorsements and other investments – and ranks them by their net worth. So who comes out on top?

Golfers, if you can believe it. Tiger Woods tops the Top 20 list worldwide at £538 million (~$870M), joined by Arnold Palmer at No. 4 with £230M ($370M), Greg Norman at No. 9 with £174M ($280M) and Jack Niclaus at No. 11 with £158M ($255M). But just behind them are the racing drivers.

Michael Schumacher just trails Tiger with £510 million ($824M), making him the second richest sportsman in the world, by far the wealthiest racer, and within reach of becoming the first billionaire driver in the world. Little wonder, as he's the most decorated driver the world has ever known.

Also on the list are Fernando Alonso and Kimi Raikkonen, who tie for eighteenth place (together with baseball's CC Sabathia) at £100 million ($160M) apiece. But in between these Formula One drivers sits one Dale Earnhardt, arguably the biggest name in NASCAR, who ties basketball star Kobe Bryant at sixth place with £185 million ($300M) in assets.

Now if only someone paid us that much to drive around in circles, well...we'd still probably be blogging about cars, only we'd be doing it from onboard our own mega-yachts somewhere a lot more glamorous.
News Source: The Sunday Times

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

Re: Michael Schumacher ranked second wealthiest sportsman in the world
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 12:40:09 PM »
Wait a minute. This guy is dogging race drivers? Most of the people he mentioned hit a little ball with a little stick, then stand around and be even more boring (if that's possible). The biggest risk they have is exposure to all of the toxic chemicals they bath golf courses in.

Dale Earnhardt died in the Daytona 500 in 2001. I wonder if the writer meant Dale Jr? The writer seems rather uninformed about racing.

He also fails to mention what it cost Sabathia to get on the list. He gave up all that is true and good (the beloved Cleveland Indians   :yahoo:  ) and sold his soul to the Dark Side and joined the Evil Empire (the New York Yankees  :sick:  ). Before that, he was my favorite player.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

David

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 07:34:35 PM »
I remember reading something a while back (can't remember where) that said MS was already the first ever sporting billionaire?  :DntKnw:

Offline Ian

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 07:55:05 PM »
And he's earned and deserved every penny of it, has'nt he monty.  :P  ::)  :tease:
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Dare

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 08:24:10 PM »
I remember reading something a while back (can't remember where) that said MS was already the first ever sporting billionaire?  :DntKnw:

Maybe inflation has hit the wealthy too,oh wait,our gov't says there
is no inflation
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Ian

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 08:25:44 PM »
There is in the price of beer.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 08:40:44 PM »
To reporter who thinks, racing drivers earn by just going round and round. How dare you? They have to withstand upto 4-5 G force, drenching our as much as 3-4 litres during the race, and pushing them to the abnormal e extreme accounting...
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 05:48:19 AM »

I suppose it depends on what currency you are keeping score with. I reckon is easily a billionaire in Italian lira.  :DD :DD
Lonny

Offline Scott

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2012, 03:12:12 PM »

I suppose it depends on what currency you are keeping score with. I reckon is easily a billionaire in Italian lira.  :DD :DD

They aren't back to the lira quite yet, but it might be fairly soon.  ;)
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2012, 03:28:01 PM »

Convert to Zimbabwean Dollar, and he would have a Trillionire a long way ago...

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2012, 08:20:23 PM »

Crikey in Zimbabwean Dollars we're all probably Billionaires by now.  :D ;)

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2012, 10:11:07 AM »

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: Blimey, I am A BILLIONAIRE  :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Crikey in Zimbabwean Dollars we're all probably Billionaires by now.  :D ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle