collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 189
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16182 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13028 Posts
John S John S
11302 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Brawn:we have let Schumi down  (Read 3130 times)

Offline Dare

Brawn:we have let Schumi down
« on: May 23, 2012, 12:30:41 PM »

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

David

Re: Brawn:we have let Schumi down
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 12:59:58 PM »
I have no doubt that Michael will stand on not just the podium but the top step again!

I hope it's in Spa this year as I will be there to see it then.  :yahoo:

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 11:11:53 AM »
I am with you David, and possible Spa may be one of the several that he will stand on the top of the podium..

Though i am still bitter about his move on Senna in Spain..
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Monty

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 12:01:09 PM »
Considering Haug has admitted that they designed the 2012 car to suit Schumacher's style of driving, and that the team have continued to treat Nico as a clear number two in spite of his excellent performances, I can't see what else the team could do to help the cheat get better results.
Many of you will remember that Schumacher in the past said of other drivers, that poor car reliability was the responsibility of the driver and how they treated the car. So based on his own opinions, this years failures may be due to the way he drives    :P

Offline Canada Darrell™

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 01:07:35 PM »
Many of you will remember that Schumacher in the past said of other drivers, that poor car reliability was the responsibility of the driver and how they treated the car. So based on his own opinions, this years failures may be due to the way he drives    :P

For the sake of clarity and balance, can you post any interviews you have to back that up so I/we can look at the context that he may or may not have said something like that?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 06:16:46 PM by Canada Darrell™ »
Kimi's back! Future double WDC.

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 03:02:16 PM »
Many of you will remember that Schumacher in the past said of other drivers, that poor car reliability was the responsibility of the driver and how they treated the car. So based on his own opinions, this years failures may be due to the way he drives    :P

For the sake of clarity and balance, can you post any interviews you have to back that up so I/we can look at the context that he or my not have said something like that?

Schumacher may be quick to blame other drivers, but I don't recall him every saying anything bad about his team, including his #2 drivers (publicly).  It would certainly fit his 'team building myth' to take the blame for a Ferrari falling apart on track.  (Of course, back then MS put so many miles on the car, if there was a flaw he didn't detect, it really was his fault)

Offline Monty

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 09:50:49 AM »
For the sake of clarity and balance, can you post any interviews you have to back that up so I/we can look at the context that he may or may not have said something like that?

what is this; a court case?
I am fairly sure I have watched and read various reports for every F1 GP for the last 25years. I have personally heard and read reports of Schumacher saying that other peoples reliability problems were 'their own responsibility' and he claimed that he had more mechanical sympathy than other drivers. Funnily enough I do not have recordings or posts from every year of Schumacher's career.   :crazy: 

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 10:24:37 AM »

what is this; a court case?
I am fairly sure I have watched and read various reports for every F1 GP for the last 25years. I have personally heard and read reports of Schumacher saying that other peoples reliability problems were 'their own responsibility' and he claimed that he had more mechanical sympathy than other drivers. Funnily enough I do not have recordings or posts from every year of Schumacher's career.   :crazy: 

I'm sure I've heard Michael saying other peoples reliability problems are "their own responsibility". However my memory is that such an answer was to questions about other teams, or drivers, abilitiy to challenge him due to DNFs from mechanical failure.

I'm not certain that I've ever read, or heard for that matter, Michael directly blame reliability issues on drivers. I'm sure most of us have either a short or long list of car breaking drivers, so no doubt Schumi has his own list and may have made reference on the subject at some time.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Ian

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 05:25:54 PM »
 :DD  :DD  :DD I love all this, come on Michael.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle