F1 News & Discussions > F1 Drivers

McLaren & BMW Forced to change wings

(1/1)

Wizzo:
McLaren and BMW will have to join Ferrari in making modifications to their wings in time for the Australian GP. On race day in Malaysia the FIA told Ferrari that it must bring modified front and rear wings to Melbourne, or face the consequences.

Interestingly, the FIA will issue no form of clarification or rule update before the next race. The teams concerned have simply been told that their wings don’t comply, and that they have to make changes. The FIA reserves the right to request such changes even if a part appears to follow the letter of the law.

This puts Ferrari in an interesting position, Don't you think?, as the team has implied that it will be happy to respond to changes instigated by the FIA, but in fact the rules and test procedure will remain exactly as they are.  :confused:

Ian:
 :confused: that almost sounds like a (with all due and earned respect) Murray Walker comment to me or am I mistaken ?  :DntKnw:

Wizzo:
Who can tell what's going on with the strange mixed up world of F1 politics  :confused:

I think Murray would do a better job, certainly couldn't get any worse, Could it?  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version