collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 338
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Maldonaldo Penalized Over Hamilton  (Read 5859 times)

Offline Willy

Maldonaldo Penalized Over Hamilton
« on: June 24, 2012, 08:24:53 PM »
Total bullshit!!
Lewis says "I don't know what happened".
Crap!!
He cut off Pastor and he did it on purpose.
Dirty driving Lewis!!

And then the stewards penalize Pastor for Lewis's dirty moves.

A cowardly move by the stewards to not rock the boat in the late stages of the race.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Re: Maldonaldo Penalized Over Hamilton
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 08:35:09 PM »

Hear! Hear! Willy.

How the pendelum has swung, last year Lewis had a few penalties that we all felt were unfair, now he is getting the stewards backing his stupid door closing antic.  ::)

Lewis, your defensive mode is more Sennaesque than Prost, :stop: in a season like this though you need to be much much more calculating or you'll throw it away by default.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Online Dare

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 08:42:02 PM »
Pastor could have cut the chicane and attempted a
pass later,bad judgement from Pastor in my eyes
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 08:45:08 PM »

Hear! Hear! Willy.

How the pendelum has swung, last year Lewis had a few penalties that we all felt were unfair, now he is getting the stewards backing his stupid door closing antic.  ::)

Lewis, your defensive mode is more Sennaesque than Prost, :stop: in a season like this though you need to be much much more calculating or you'll throw it away by default.

Excellent reference John. Hamilton would do well to be more calculating like Prost and less Senna style aggressive.
Lonny

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 09:00:38 PM »
Pastor could have cut the chicane and attempted a
pass later,bad judgement from Pastor in my eyes

Sure he could have Dare, however this is only Pastor's second year in F1 and last year the williams was so bad he was only racing with the back markers, so I still think he is a novice running at the front.
For comparison everyone is saying what a great job Grosjean is doing this year, but him and Pastor have taken part in about the same number of F1 races with Roman having a more consistently fast car in both his seasons. Grosjean has had plenty of moments this season, but most of us give him the benefit of novice status.

Lewis is an experienced world champ and would have been aware that his tyres had seriously gone off, Kimi getting past him relatively easy would have made the point very clear, so what the hell was he doing slugging it out with a relative rookie?  :confused:
We all thought Lewis had traded in his crazy head from last season, it appears he'd only stored it in the back of the garage.  :D

« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 09:05:37 PM by John S »

Online cosworth151

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 09:28:51 PM »
I just watched it again and it only confirmed what I thought at the time. Pastor had all four tires off the track. He then jerked back onto the track and hit Lewis. He "failed to rejoin the track in a safe manner", just as the stewards ruled. Twenty seconds seemed most lenient.

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 09:42:36 PM »

All that proves to me Cos is that Hamilton definitely forced him out. It also looks to me that Pastor was fighting, and failing, to stop the back of the car pulling him round on the marbles and kerb into the side of Lewis car.

David

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 09:58:10 PM »
Watching that again I think Pastor deserved a penalty OK.   :good:

I know Hammy didn't give him an inch and definitely cause Pastor to leave the track while defending the position, but Pastor made the aggressive move of coming back on track and straight into Lewis. Avoidable?

I'm a fan of PM but he ain't half aggressive, but then again so were most of the greats. Could he be one too?    :DntKnw:

vintly

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 10:31:12 PM »
Absolutely clear - Pastor deserved the penalty as he came from off the track instead of yielding. End of story.

Offline Scott

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2012, 10:37:17 PM »
I'm afraid I'm also with the stewards on this one however in Maldonado's defence, he was staring a big rumble strip in the face and I wonder if there wouldn't have been a collision either way.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Ian

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2012, 10:41:05 PM »
Stewards win here, Pastor could have taken Lewis later.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Online Dare

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2012, 01:08:20 AM »
one of the Indian announcers on the ESPN broadcast I was
watching said that from experience when toy get on the curbs
you lose your steering,his video showed Pastor's wheel turned
left but his car went right[right into Lewis}

All the announcers I listened to blamed Pastor
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2012, 02:45:44 AM »
David Hobbs said Lewis should have been more cautious, thinking about the championship rather than a podium here. I agree. In Canada, Alonso didn't try to hold back the tide when his tires went off, he thought big picture and settled for what he could get.
Lonny

Offline greener_09

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2012, 06:45:34 AM »
 I kind of agree with Lonny Lewis shouldnt have been fighting for the podium and should have excepted 4th but by the sounds of it his tyres were so far gone he wouldnt have been able to get out the way anyway at that point on the circuit so perhaps Pastor should have waited but to be fair the video does show Pastor turning left and the car going right into Lewis id put it down to a racing incident and no penalty to either driver

Offline Scott

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2012, 10:10:02 AM »
When asked why he didn't just let Maldo past when it was obviousLewis' tires were shot, Hamilton replied that 'you never let anyone past, you fight for every position. 

Good idea in principle, however with the way the tires fall off, it might be more prudent to let someone by, avoiding an incident.  Just ask Alonso, he's 20+ points ahead of Hamilton.  ;)
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle