collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 382
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11251 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: I want a word with you.  (Read 7407 times)

Offline Wizzo

I want a word with you.
« on: February 10, 2007, 08:13:21 PM »

As I am sure you know we have a live chat facility but it is rarely used.

I am tempted to remove this facility as it would have little or no impact on the site. However, would you guys be interested in using the live chat during live races?

I assume most of us watch an F1 race live whenever we can and I thought it might be nice to 'meet up' in the chat room during the race. There are possible downsides to this, one is you might be too involved in the race to talk about it and two, we probably wouldn't discuss it in the forum later thus removing some of attractive content in the forum.

Your thoughts on this would be much appreciated.

Cheers

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Neil.P

Re: I want a word with you.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 08:27:26 PM »
Wizard, I forgot it was there. I've been in there a couple of times before but end up chatting to myself because no one else turns up. However I'm in there now, for a while, if anybody turns up I shall happily chat away!

Neil.P

davewilson

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 08:40:05 PM »
Hi Wizard,It would be great to have something like this.What equipment would you require? I haven't got a mike for the computer or monitor camera, but could get one,anything else for it work...I think it would be a lively conversation as we all support different drivers and teams.

Also, since the birthday celebrations,yesterday, The list of the days posts into the site is missing?It is very handy to me instead of having to go through everything.

Regards;
The Stig

Offline Dare

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 12:11:36 AM »

never noticed it being there,like Wizard said
might take away from the posting in forum
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline romephius

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 12:56:56 AM »
The Chat Idea is good, however due to time differences I wouldn't stand a chance except for the few races in my neck of the woods, but in the forums people such as myself can join in full force.  Just my perspective

Rom

Offline Dare

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 01:17:50 AM »
The Chat Idea is good, however due to time differences I wouldn't stand a chance except for the few races in my neck of the woods, but in the forums people such as myself can join in full force.  Just my perspective

Rom

What time do the European races air in Australia?
Where I live they start around 8 am
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Ian

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2007, 01:48:44 AM »
Tried it loads of times, never anyone there, just tried it and dare was there, blowed if I did'nt tiuch the wrong button and killed it, went back and dare was gone
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline romephius

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2007, 02:12:30 AM »
Races in europe air anywhere from 10:30pm sunday night through to 2:00am Monday morning depending on channel 10.  Free to air, as no pay tv channels have coverage.  (which irritates me immensely). 

Offline Neil.P

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2007, 12:28:47 PM »
Well I was in there chatting away, then I pressed the wrong button. The computer crashed, went back and the room was empty. Sorry folks!

Neil.P

Offline Ian

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2007, 12:45:16 PM »
you silly billy Neil, that was the 1st time I've found people on it

Ian

Offline Neil.P

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2007, 03:20:09 PM »
Twice I've gone back in there, as soon as I get in the door Ian goes straight out the exit. What's up do I smell or something? :DD

Neil.P

Offline Ian

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2007, 03:42:41 PM »
No, it's the other way round Neil, I entered the chatroom at 2-32 and Neil left at 2-32 perhaps I'll change MY deodorant  :crazy:

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2007, 04:03:37 PM »
You guys   ::)

I think I will leave things as they are for the time being. Although it could take some content away from the forum, at this present time it is not happening and it is a great place for members to chat about the strength of their under arm protection.

If you have any additional comments then I would love to hear them.

Thanks for all the input.  :good:

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Ian

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2007, 04:58:24 PM »
I went into the chatroom today wizard, and for the first time I found a couple of guys in there, Neil & Romephius, we all had a good little chat 'til Romephius had to go to bed and then I 'spose Neil and I did'nt like each others deodorant  :swoon:, like I said it was great but I would'nt use it instead of the forum, I like the forum, more views from more members. Chatroom's great for a bit of instant messaging and I think that even if you find it getting used a bit more, most members will prefer the forum, but it's good extra on a great site
                            Ian

davewilson

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2007, 07:53:41 PM »
Great idea for this one Wizard.If everybody uses the Last Click function they will know where members are viewing.I presume if they were in the chat room this would show?

The Stig

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle