collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 366
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11251 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Hertz Rent-A-Porsche  (Read 12672 times)

Offline lkjohnson1950

Re: Hertz Rent-A-Porsche
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2012, 08:38:25 PM »
Just for the record, the 914-6 GT is my all-time favorite production Porsche.

When Porsche sold out and re-badged the Touareg, they were attempting to buy VW. After the Touareg and the Panamera, Porsche was swallowed by VW. Not exactly my definition of success.

Then Ferrari is a dismal failure as well since they are owned by Fiat, and throw in Lamborghini as they are owned by Audi. Oh yeah, they build (or maybe used to build?) an SUV as well. Welcome to the auto industry circa the 21ST century.
Lonny

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2012, 09:06:34 PM »
I wasn't aware that Ferrari had ever tried to buy Fiat, like Porsche tried to buy VW.

Lambo's main product is farm tractors, and they almost never race.

It seems that Porsche doesn't really like to admit that they've trashed their brand, either. They were running this advert on almost every break in ESPN3's broadcast of today's ALMS race. Not a back door to be seen. Not one word of "Forever re-badged VW trucks." It ends with the phrase, "Our identity, our promise - Forever the sports car."

I guess they forgot about the trucks & granny wagons.

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2012, 09:36:52 PM »
Ferrari never tried to buy Fiat, instead Ford wanted to buy Ferrari, but Enzo refused it at the last moment, and then came to an agreement with Fiat, to be the parent company of Ferrari. This enraged the Ford, prompted them to build the GT40 so that they could beat Ferrari at Le Mans, and with the help of Carrol Shelby, they did beat them.

And Lamborghini is debuting their new SUV Urus soon with 600 bhp powerplant. And they say Ferrari might be on the line to bring an SUV as well, with FF being their initial attempt to work with. Well cos, I am with you in this case, the sports carmakers are producing these SUV makes me go crazy. I just could not swallow the fact that, people in these companies who were hired to make sports cars will be designing and improving these pathetic urban rides. But the car companies don't have much choice in this regard, with high demand and being the profit making segment, they just could not keep their hand off the SUV cookie jar.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2012, 03:20:04 PM »
And Lamborghini is debuting their new SUV Urus soon with 600 bhp powerplant. And they say Ferrari might be on the line to bring an SUV as well, with FF being their initial attempt to work with. Well cos, I am with you in this case, the sports carmakers are producing these SUV makes me go crazy. I just could not swallow the fact that, people in these companies who were hired to make sports cars will be designing and improving these pathetic urban rides. But the car companies don't have much choice in this regard, with high demand and being the profit making segment, they just could not keep their hand off the SUV cookie jar.

an SUV isn't really new ground for Lamborghini.

in the 80s they sold the 'Rambo Lambo'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LM002

In the 70s they made a 'Cheetah' prototype to sell to the US army (which eventually went with the Hummer)

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2012, 03:25:00 PM »
I LOVE the Boxter. I'd take one over a 911 any time. It's not a question of price. $1000 box wine is still box wine. It's about the very essence of the brand. As far as what to put the Panamera under, I'd suggest a scrap crusher.

I'm sorry, but aside from the badge on the car, what's wrong with Panamera?

Too comfortable for a sports car?

Too sporty for a sedan?

(And why does wine have to be sold in bottles?  Ever cut your foot on a discarded box of wine?  Just because something used to happen, doesn't mean it has to keep happening.)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2012, 03:46:50 PM »
Too gigantic and unwieldy to even be considered as a sports car. Besides that, it's way too butt-ugly to be a Porsche.

The wine interacts with the hydrocarbons in the plastic bag that lines the box, leaving a notably chemical taste. I'm leery of the health effects of that combination, too.   
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2012, 04:19:02 PM »
Too gigantic and unwieldy to even be considered as a sports car. Besides that, it's way too butt-ugly to be a Porsche.

The wine interacts with the hydrocarbons in the plastic bag that lines the box, leaving a notably chemical taste. I'm leery of the health effects of that combination, too.   

So it would make a fine Cadillac or Lexus?

(If you're worried about hydrocarbons, why drink wine at all?)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2012, 06:30:09 PM »

It's a 'GT' - Grand Tourer, in the fine old tradition. 

Never hurt motor firms way back when to aim at the GT market.  ;) 

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2012, 06:54:14 PM »
If the wine isn't exposed to the cheap plastic that the volatile hydrocarbons leech out of, no worries.
― Bob Dylan

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2012, 08:51:51 PM »

Your best possible, reason to tag it as "Not a Porsche" is too butt ugly? Come on Cos, since when Porsche are know for their beauty and shape? If its a Porsche it will make its statement when you drive it, before and after it hardly give a damn. My take on Panamera is that they are trying make out a luxury sedan out of pure breed of sports car, its like trying make a poodle from a pair of German Shepherd or a pair of Grey Hound parent. Don't just make an over sized 911/Cayman and start to put luxury item. Get a proper chassis, a proper design and then produce it.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Scott

« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2012, 01:46:10 PM »
I think in the case of Porche, they were right to bring out the Cayenne.  I have one friend who will only buy Porche, and he has been pretty relieved a bunch of years ago he could trade in his Audi SUV for a Cayenne.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle