collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 495
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: McLaren and Lewis; divorce already agreed  (Read 4189 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
McLaren and Lewis; divorce already agreed
« on: September 11, 2012, 01:22:32 PM »

If demeanour after Monza victory is a guide, says James Allen.  :swoon:         

So is the dirty deed really done  :o - but no one wants to speak up, or is it still in the hands of the wily old master - one Michael Schumacher? The suggestion by pundits earlier in the season was that Schumi had an option and it was up to him and not the team to decide if he was staying.  :confused:

Could it be that we will get both Lewis and Schumi in the Merc line up next season with Nico either farmed out to another team, Mclaren for instance - or even sidelined.  :swoon:

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2012/09/hamilton-set-to-move-to-mercedes/

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Online Jericoke

Re: McLaren and Lewis; divorce already agreed
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 01:54:47 PM »
So the 'All British' and 'All German' teams could both break up at the same time?

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 03:24:14 PM »
They'll fight over Lewis and Ferrari will pay Perez big bucks, and Sauber will pull another gem out of the rough   ;)
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 06:00:44 PM »
Cements my opinion of Lewis being not the sharpest tool in the shed. Mercedes has had 3 years to produce a competitive car and though they have won a race this year, the car is not really a front line car. Lewis will be fortunate to win a race next year, whereas Macca is at the front pretty much year in and year out.  :fool:
Lonny

David

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 07:34:09 PM »
It's all about the money and the fame for Lewis and his people IMO. Mercedes is a worldwide brand that can pay the bucks and give him the exposure he craves. Outside F1 McLaren can't be considered a blue chip brand.

After Sunday I hope your right about Perez Scott.  :good:

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 05:32:50 AM »
Any driver will jump on the prospect of driving a McLaren, while Lewis will be loosing all he has gained over the years in Mercedes, where the only good thing is Ross Brawn. Other than that, the team who constantly threatens to quits, questions every now and they whether they should be here or not, and I am pretty sure if any difficulties of financial system, this team will be the first to fold, like BMW.

Given the pace McLaren has shown specifically in the last three races, it will be egoistic foolishness from Lewis to leave this team. It will Lewis who will be the looser, while McLaren will always get the better drivers. If you I have to pick I would pick Sergio Perez over Nico, as Perez have shown the maturity in a young shoulder, in the last race in Monza, and his ability to drive given the machinery.

I would love to see Perez in the scarlet team, but I would like to have him in the place of Alonso, not as his sidekick. Alonso is the best thing that have happened to Ferrari for years.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Scott

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 09:54:57 AM »
Hmmm, the Blick this morning ran a story suggesting Perez is on his way to Mclaren, not Ferrari.  Is Sauber tired of being Ferrari's #€%ch?  Maybe Ferrari are taking their sweet time figuring out what is happening with Massa next year, or perhaps Alonso doesn't want the Mexican filling his mirrors? 

Or perhaps the story is a load of BS.  ;)

Offline Monty

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 11:37:48 AM »
I am prepared to be proved wrong (it happens a lot!) but I think Hamilton will be at McLaren next year.
The main problem relates to the idiotic management team he has set himself up with. They want him to be another Beckham - a world brand. They think McLaren is too British.
The difference is that Beckham was involved in a sport that already had worldwide interest from a completely different demographic; soccer fans!
I really hope that Lewis makes the final decision and goes for a team where he can win races and titles. In my opinion that is still McLaren, Ferrari and Red Bull.
I believe that the grey suits at Mercedes will never allow Ross Brawn enough freedom to make a car that can beat these three teams.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2012, 02:52:51 PM »
One of the reasons Lewis is said to have for moving is that he would be free to market himself ala Beckham, since Mercedes doesn't have as many sponsor commitments. He would be free to make side deals, and since he is generally a likeable sort, he would probably do quite well. I think his ego is telling him he is good enough to win with the Merc even if MS and Rosberg haven't.
Lonny

Offline Scott

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2012, 07:29:15 PM »
I think his ego is telling him he is good enough to win with the Merc even if MS and Rosberg haven't.

I have a feeling you're right Lonny.  Wait until reality sets in and he finds Mclaren gave him as good a car as he is likely to get in F1.

Offline Andy B

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2012, 11:12:06 PM »
I think his ego is telling him he is good enough to win with the Merc even if MS and Rosberg haven't.

I have a feeling you're right Lonny.  Wait until reality sets in and he finds Mclaren gave him as good a car as he is likely to get in F1.

Apart from all that Lewis is a racer and gets the most out of a car as you are all aware it changes from year to year and the biggest change is coming.

TURBO's>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>-----------
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2012, 06:20:51 AM »
Even if the changes the present, I would expect McLaren to get the better of the Turbos.. If history is anywhere relevant, McLaren had the best turbos in the late 80's, though they were powered by Mugen Honda.

If Lewis think he has the potential of Beckham, he will be very much wrong. Getting yourself a pop-diva as your GF is the easiest part Lewis. Ayrton Senna, Micheal Schumacher has proved before that you can become a world known face from F1, but that is not being done by a management company, rather on sheer success of F1. Given form you are showing for the last few races, if you can carry it for a few years, you wll be there. And your best chance is McLaren, no other, he have to understand that..

I can talk all day, but if Lewis decides to suicide what can I do.. :DntKnw:
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline stealthhaggis

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2012, 10:19:04 PM »
I do wonder how much previous issues have been leading to this?

I'll answer my own question, very little, stupidly its all about money!

Offline Dare

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2012, 10:53:56 PM »
Asfar as being known in the USA I'd be willing to bet
Michael or any other fellow F1 driver could walk
any street here and only very few would recognize them
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2012, 03:50:41 AM »
Very True!  :good:
Lonny

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle