collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 526
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Hamilton to Mercedes confirmed today  (Read 13754 times)

Williamsfan

Hamilton to Mercedes confirmed today
« on: September 28, 2012, 08:14:12 AM »
Sorry for another Hamilton thread...

The BBC say the Hamilton move will be announced today. He'll get total number 1 status with Rosberg playing the Massa role. Schumacher will be booted out, his future is unsure.

Interestingly, Perez will be confirmed at McLaren, that could be a brilliant move, he is an immense talent. His speed and Button's intelligence should leave McLaren in good shape.

Seems Massa will be lucky now, unless Ferrari go for someone out of leftfield. For some reason, I am having a crazy thought of Schumacher and Massa at Sauber next year. Unlikely, I know, but Sauber's 2013 seats will be quite a draw I'd have thought.

vintly

Re: Hamilton to Mercedes confirmed today
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 08:19:24 AM »
Well there he goes. Either a crazy move or clever foresight, only time will tell. He's gonna struggle with all the changes, but it might be good for him to finally leave 'home'. Good luck Lewis, good luck Ross Brawn, and commiserations to McLaren, but hey, you've saved a bit of cash.

Offline stealthhaggis

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 09:05:28 AM »
I was thinking about this and it reminds me of when Button moved from Brawn to McLaren, either a brave move that could pay off or a foolish one. Merc have got one of the best drivers out there and he will take their car to the next level that Nico clearly can't get to often enough, China being the exception. I wonder if it will pay off though with the new engines for 2014? I would have stayed put as McLaren whilst not able to finish 33% of their races (historically dreadful reliability) they do know how to produce a consistently quick car year after year.

I'm sure South Americas answer to Tiom Cruise will do well at McLaren though, what with his sponsor replacing Vodafone and Jenson there as a mentor McLaren will have a really strong team.

As for Massa, he has got lucky by being so bad that Alonso feels no threat from him and therefore demands he stays. Why would Ferrari risk upsetting Alonso before he wins his third title? He will not be round long after that as he always said he wanted to win 3 titles so when he retires they can bring in Seb to start new and Massa will be thrown out with the bath water.

Offline Monty

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 09:12:37 AM »
Exactly as I predicted....... I have been proven wrong. I was sure Hamilton would stay. I think he is an idiot unless he thinks that Mercedes will have a major advantage when the new engine regulations come into play.
On a personal note, I don't care. This should put my man Button in a number one position, I like Ross Brawn / Mercedes and most importantlt it means Shumacher goes  :yahoo:

I think the downside of this is that I had hoped Paul DiResta would go to Mercedes or McLaren.

Offline Hampster

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 11:12:32 AM »
Great News! (well for me anyway, i hate him).  >:D

looks like he moved for money

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/19755236

he is being replaced by Perez who pays for his seat. why? maybe McLaren have given up on the current regs and are concentrating on getting ready for 2014, so they might as well make a bit of money out of it as well

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/19755616

:crazy:

Offline Irisado

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 11:31:37 AM »
looks like he moved for money

Not just for financial reasons in my view.  There's a lot of psychology at play in the background between him and McLaren.  I think that this has also been a very important factor.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline rmassart

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 12:15:46 PM »
...maybe McLaren have given up on the current regs and are concentrating on getting ready for 2014, so they might as well make a bit of money out of it as well...

I feel like I've just got back from the moon, but what's the deal with regulations from 2014? I am aware that McLaren will no longer get their engines for free (ie be a "works" team) but I am not sure where the new regulations come in. Help!

Offline Ian

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 12:25:57 PM »
V6 Turbo's rmassart.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Dare

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 12:30:20 PM »
I wonder how long Rosberg and Hamilton will remain
friends now?It's a long shot Iknow but I hope Schumi
goes to Sauber or Ferrari
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Ian

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2012, 12:34:13 PM »
It'd be funny if he went to McLaren would'nt it.

Offline Dare

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2012, 12:37:05 PM »
It'd be funny if he went to McLaren would'nt it.

Perez already is that's why I hope the Sauber seat
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Ian

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2012, 12:38:31 PM »
Was only a joke Dare.  :P

vintly

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2012, 12:48:34 PM »
I think the downside of this is that I had hoped Paul DiResta would go to Mercedes or McLaren.

Ditto that. Ferrari should ditch Massa for Di Resta, then maybe they'd have a shot at the constructors.

Offline Dare

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2012, 12:53:51 PM »

Ditto that. Ferrari should ditch Massa for Di Resta, then maybe they'd have a shot at the constructors.

MS to Ferrari.He'd get better results than Massa,get a few more
podiums and maybe a win,and wouldn't hinder Alonso.

And he'd end his career where it should have ended.

And most important it would allow Monty to enjoy one more
year with the greatest driver ever

Offline Ian

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2012, 12:57:50 PM »
 :DD  :DD  :DD  :DD  :DD  :DD  :DD  :DD  :DD  :DD  :DD  :DD  :DD

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle