collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 585
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Hamilton to Mercedes confirmed today  (Read 13775 times)

Offline cosworth151

Re: Hamilton to Mercedes confirmed today
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2012, 01:26:14 PM »
I would have liked to see Schumi go to McLaren, too.

I hope he does find a ride for next year. I'd rather see him leave on his own rather then get the boot out the door.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Ian

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2012, 02:02:38 PM »
See Schumi go to Ferrari, watch Alonso's feathers fly then.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Scott

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2012, 02:17:22 PM »
Oh baby!!!!  Ditto to the Button - Perez praise.  And Schumi to Sauber is not so crazy.  Sauber has a decent car and a fantastic engineering crew that has shown it can put a car near the front row and charge forwardeven on a tight budget.  A short commute to Hinwil is attractive and perhaps Schumi could attract the sponsorship Sauber so desperately needs.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2012, 02:43:22 PM »
Sauber may take on Carlos Slim's other protege, Esteban Gutierrez, who has been making a name for himself in the lower formula. That might keep the Telmex sponsorship at Sauber. Vodafone leaving Macca is only a rumor.
Lonny

Offline Canada Darrell™

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2012, 03:16:28 PM »
I think the downside of this is that I had hoped Paul DiResta would go to Mercedes or McLaren.

Ditto that. Ferrari should ditch Massa for Di Resta, then maybe they'd have a shot at the constructors.

:DD :DD :DD :DD
MS to Ferrari.He'd get better results than Massa,get a few more
podiums and maybe a win,and wouldn't hinder Alonso.

And he'd end his career where it should have ended.

And most important it would allow Monty to enjoy one more
year with the greatest driver ever
Kimi's back! Future double WDC.

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2012, 05:18:13 PM »
Schumacher and Massa to Sauber would be brilliant.

I think that Massa has suffered without having Schumacher at his side.  if they can get on the same team, I think it will help Massa's career comeback.

I also think that Schumacher would stick around with Peter's outfit, maybe become a partner.  He lives in Switzerland, doesn't he?  It would be a great way for Peter to ensure the survival of his team, and draw in some sponsorship.

I'd be sad to see Kobyashi squeezed out of a good seat though, but he doesn't seem to have really lived up to his early promise.

Offline Scott

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2012, 05:19:22 PM »
I'd rather see Kobi and Schumi there.   :good:

Offline Scott

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2012, 05:25:16 PM »
I'd rather see Kobi and Schumi there.   :good:

As the last part of this article notes, this may not be as far fetched as some believe.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/102906

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2012, 06:27:14 PM »
Perez knew he will be either in Ferrari or Mclaren after he blast pasted Alonso in Monza. Di Riesta was a long shot for either McLaren or Mercedes as he failed to match the result of Perez, and just because of his DTM connection will not give him a ride. Though I am sure few Mercedes people rallied around for him, but I think Mercedes wanted an instant success rather than wait for it.

For Lewis, as Whitmarsh almost clearly said, you have just dropped your current and future chances for WDC. I am sure the time will tell just how bad this move was for Lewis.

And regarding Schumacher, I don't think he will be able to live in a small team like Sauber, I have a feeling he will think his image is way too big for the team. For him it was just a new challenge in the name of Mercedes, he doesn't have to prove anything to anybody, so he will choose to sit back. I wonder which team, Ferrari or Mercedes.

After that incident in Spa, I was almost certain Lewis is leaving..

Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

David

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2012, 07:39:01 PM »
Not surprised Hamilton is going to Merc, he's chasing the money and world exposure and he has sorted the money and has a better shot at at the other promoting Mercedes Benz.

I'm totally gutted Perez is going to McLaren, I had really hoped he would end up at Ferrari. Maybe Heikki could be the man to replace Massa.  :DntKnw:

I hadn't thought of the Shumi / Massa line up at Sauber before reading these replies, but I like it.  :good:

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2012, 10:47:57 PM »

I'm totally gutted Perez is going to McLaren, I had really hoped he would end up at Ferrari. Maybe Heikki could be the man to replace Massa.  :DntKnw:

Wait a bit David, let the boy polish the rough edges, Ferrari will retain the polished gem, once it would be ready
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2012, 12:41:16 AM »

Wait a bit David, let the boy polish the rough edges, Ferrari will retain the polished gem, once it would be ready

Indeed, didn't Ferrari's previous WDC do the Sauber -> McLaren -> Ferrari route?

Offline Warmwater

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2012, 01:43:50 AM »
 :yahoo:YaHoooooo  :yahoo:
Perez will drive a McLaren!!!
Finally I have someone to cheer for :good:

ps  no offense Haggis but Mexico isn't in South America... at least not yet..  :DntKnw:
If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.” ― Mario Andretti.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2012, 03:46:08 AM »
Luke, there's a lot of attitudes in this area (US/Mexican border) like: south of here is South America, anyone who speaks Spanish is "Mexican", and so on. Despite this being the "Information Age" people seem to know less and be less capable of critical thought than ever.
Lonny

Offline Scott

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2012, 09:57:35 AM »
What I find quite surprising is that there is a perception that the marketing duties of Hamilton will be less at Merc than Mclaren.  Surely Merc will want to use him to sell cars, especially now they've lost Michael, who is in hundreds of Merc ads, both print and TV.   :DntKnw: :DntKnw:

Maybe they will let him do other stuff around those Merc commitments that Mclaren was not letting him, but to me it seems that Lewis will be a very busy boy, and will hardly have much time to train and carry out his racer duties if he is so intent on making money. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle