collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 377
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: What if Michael isn't ready to retire?  (Read 4281 times)

Online Dare

« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 08:30:16 PM by Dare »

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Scott

Re: What if Michael isn't ready to retire?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 08:19:01 PM »
No no, it gets better, not only does Monty want Schumacher to stay in F1, but it would make even more sense for him the more I think about it.  He could go to Sauber, a great team only a short helicopter ride away from his home (30min commute, tops), drive for the team for a year or two, then make Peter Sauber the respectable offer for the team that BMW tried to rip off, so Peter could go back to playing golf or making wine in a well earned retirement. 

Then we could look forward to (and Monty more than most of us) Michael as an honest, upstanding TEAM OWNER!  Peter Sauber is ready to retire...it just makes so much sense.   :D :D
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Online Dare

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 08:32:37 PM »
I like it Scott except for one thing,Michael said in a
F1 Racing article he has no desire to be a team owner.

Now if only a certain member here could change Schumi's mind
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Ian

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 08:36:27 PM »
No chance.  :DD  :DD  :DD
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Online Dare

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 08:37:45 PM »
If Moses could part the Red Sea then anything is possible

Offline Scott

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 08:41:46 PM »

I'll pack up the kids on Monday and drive down to his place for a chat.  It's only about 2hrs from here.  Appears to be well guarded, but that's why I'm bringin' the kids and a frisbee we'll wing into his compound, then go ask for it back.  My son is little Mick's age, so we'll take it from there.  ;)

Online Dare

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 08:53:19 PM »

I'll pack up the kids on Monday and drive down to his place for a chat.  It's only about 2hrs from here.  Appears to be well guarded, but that's why I'm bringin' the kids and a frisbee we'll wing into his compound, then go ask for it back.  My son is little Mick's age, so we'll take it from there.  ;)

I was thinking of giving Monty first shot Scott and
using you as backup

Offline Scott

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 09:03:01 PM »
Lolol

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 09:34:08 PM »
I like the idea of Schumi going to Sauber. I'm not that enthusiastic about him taking over the team. Look at the recent history of former drivers owning or running F1 teams: Alain Prost. Niki Lauda (Jag). Aguri Suzuki. The only exception was Jackie Stewart. I wish he could have stayed on to run Jag.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2012, 10:43:38 PM »
I don't think Schumacher will be running a team, and Sauber might be a little too small. Scott could you talk him to join Ferrari instead? I guess the team will always be happy to have him back, Lewis going to a new team, who knows what happens if he starts to bang Massa once again, let keep Massa at Sauber. It will be home coming for both of the drivers. And any chance he might team up with Kimi. The chances of Romain looks pretty slim..
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Online Jericoke

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2012, 12:48:43 AM »
I like the idea of Schumi going to Sauber. I'm not that enthusiastic about him taking over the team. Look at the recent history of former drivers owning or running F1 teams: Alain Prost. Niki Lauda (Jag). Aguri Suzuki. The only exception was Jackie Stewart. I wish he could have stayed on to run Jag.

I agree with your analysis, but I do get the feeling that Sauber would like to step away from the sport without letting his team and employees down.  Schumacher really would be a great fit for that.

Prost, Lauda and Aguri didn't really have much experience running a team, while Schumacher spent a few years hanging around with Ferrari.  If he could work with Sauber as an owner/driver, it would give him a chance to do something new.  (At least new for the modern era of F1.  Who was the last person to race his own F1 car?)

I think that Schumacher could attract people to the Swiss team who wouldn't normally consider leaving England or Italy, so if he only owned the team for a few years, I think it would be strong for years to come.  Surely that's what Sauber wants most (next to a cabinet of Championship trophies, of course)

Offline Scott

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2012, 10:42:35 AM »
Plus Switzerland is cheaper to live in than England.   ;)

Offline Ian

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2012, 11:57:02 AM »
It sure were'nt when I was there Scott, things must have changed drastically.  :D

Offline stealthhaggis

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2012, 04:19:33 PM »
Tough really if he isn't ready, there are better out there who deserve top drives. Time to bow out before he makes it even worse. Maybe he can drive the safety car, a team built just around him, team orders (everyone must follow him!), unfair advantage with equipment (he has a roof and wipers!), he'll lead every race he drives in. It will also be safer with him in the safety car rather than bringing it out!

Offline Ian

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2012, 05:25:17 PM »
I agree with Jeri here, Michael would be good in the Sauber and good for Sauber, Michael's world famous and would probably attract sponsors, which would'nt upset Peter at all, plus we've seen that the Sauber is fast.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle