collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 344
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Barrichello Bashes Williams Drivers  (Read 8059 times)

Offline Irisado

Re: Barrichello Bashes Williams Drivers
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2012, 10:04:29 PM »
I think that Rubens has a point, and I also disagree with the negative comments about him, as I always had a lot of time for him.

I agree that he sounds a bit bitter here, which isn't to his credit, but this shouldn't, in my view, detract from the qualities which he showed during his Formula 1 career, and I do think that Williams made a mistake replacing him with Senna, who was unconvincing when he drove for Hispania and Renault.

Maldonado certainly has the pace, but he is so horribly inconsistent (as he was in GP2) that it has been no surprise to me that he has shone at times, and been involved in a lot of incidents.  If Williams wanted to replace Rubens, they needed to go with someone of a higher calibre than Senna, in my view, in order to give themselves more of a chance of moving up the constructors' table this year.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2012, 01:08:03 AM »
I was only thinking about Kobayashi driving for Williams earlier today actually.  I think if things in Venezuela in their elections go a certain way, there is every chance PDVSA will be forced out of their extravagant sponsorship deal and I feel that Pastor will end up out of Williams.  A pity as despite my rantings I want him to succeed and replicate his good pace but without the dodgy dangerous moments.  I cannot see Sir Frank keeping him around without the cash.

Despite international press speculation to the contrary Hugo Chavez walked the election in Venezuela, so I guess Pastor will be staying on at Williams.  :yahoo:  

To all you doubters at least Maldonado is learning from his faults,  :P  where as 'nutcase' Grosjean appears to have a far more intractable problem. Ex F1 drivers are now voicing concerns over Grosjean's instinctive driving technique, or rather lack of same.  :(
They say the starts in F1 are so fast and intense that all of them cope instinctively with the situation, it can't be taught or gained from experience  - you either have it or not!  In Grosjean's case it appears not and it may be terminal for his F1 career.

Maybe Rubens is targeting the wrong team for a comeback.  ;)

« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 01:09:57 AM by John S »
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Williamsfan

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2012, 08:53:45 AM »
I am not so sure, Pastor is sounding right now like someone who may be about to move team.  Saying things like keeping his options open for 2013 and trying to share the blame with the team saying the car has not been fast enough.  I wouldn't object to him staying on as his pace is undoubted and he does appear to be calming down, but then I wouldn't cry if he left (unless his funding isn't replaced!). But it seems certain he'll be on the grid somewhere next year now.

Offline Scott

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2012, 12:14:59 PM »
I'm eatin' humble pie this morning...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/103280

I am VERY surprised Sauber is requiring two pay drivers for next year.  Kobaiyashi hasn't brought sponsorship until now, so it is a bit hard for a driver to just run out and find millions in sponsorship for the following season.  I am surprised Sauber has put this pressure on their drivers instead of their commercial director.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2012, 09:22:37 AM »
I can only conclude that Rubens is auditioning to become a cuddlier replacement for Niki Lauda in the "ex-F1 freelance sweeping statement pundit" category.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2012, 01:09:38 PM »
I was just listening to Midweek Motorsports on Radio Le Mans. They brought up the fact that Pastor brings more money with him than any other pay driver this season, £45m. It seems to me like that wouldn't even cover the breakage.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2012, 02:39:00 PM »
£45m

Is that a typo?  £45 is $75m or 55m Euro.  That would probably keep the whole grid in carbon fibre for the season.  I think £4.5m is more realistic.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2012, 02:51:03 PM »
That's right. Pastor is the good friend of Hugo Chávez, the Venezuela president. Chávez is shoveling truckloads of petrodollars into Maldonado's career.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/mar/16/pastor-maldonado-f1-money-drivers
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2012, 03:56:11 PM »
If Maldonado is bringing £45m/yr, then what the heck is Williams doing whinging about not enough money?  That and the rest of their sponsors, they should be flush.  :DntKnw:

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2012, 10:54:28 PM »
If Maldonado is bringing £45m/yr, then what the heck is Williams doing whinging about not enough money?  That and the rest of their sponsors, they should be flush.  :DntKnw:

The big problem is that they only finished 9th in the constructors standings last year. That will have left them tens of millions, maybe even a hundred mill, short of their take from 6th in the table in 2010.

In the constructors table 'points really does mean prizes' :D  huge ones, :swoon: - if you get enough that is.  ;)

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle