collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 372
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: 'Webber walks out of press conference'  (Read 4200 times)

Offline Dare

'Webber walks out of press conference'
« on: October 29, 2012, 01:42:59 PM »
I'd like to know Mark's thoughts on why

From Planet F1

Mark Webber reportedly walked out of Sunday's post-race press conference in India for reasons as yet unknown.

The Australian finished Sunday's grand prix in third place behind team-mate Sebastian Vettel and Ferrari's Fernando Alonso.

As such Webber attended the post-race press conference at the Buddh International circuit.

However, in unexplained circumstances the 36-year-old walked out - although it was near the very end.

When a journalist asked "question to Fernando and to Seb: Seb, first, is there anything you want from Fernando at the moment; and Fernando is there anything you want to have from Seb at the moment?", Webber upped and left.

The Red Bull racer later apologised to Matteo Bonciani, the head of communications and media delegate.

"It was the first time something like this happened in my charge. As an after-thought, Webber wrote me a mail and then came to my room to apologise," Bonciani told IANS.

"He said it is something he should not have done.

"Maybe he did that as he didn't like the questions asked in the room. It was nice he realised his mistake and the matter was over."

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

Re: 'Webber walks out of press conference'
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 01:56:34 PM »
Webber didn't look at all happy in the weigh-in room before the podium ceremony.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Dare

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 02:07:23 PM »
It may have been in the weigh room after the race where Mark
and Fernando were casually chatting to each other and Seb was
off by himself is his own world.

Maybe Mark should have looked at his options a little better.I
wonder once Seb wraps up the WDC if RedBull will give Webber
a chance for a win at Brazil[again]
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 06:56:31 PM »
Wonder if Mark's fed up with the obsession over close title contenders?

Remember Mark is mathematically capable of taking the title, though he'd have to win all 3 races, Seb would have to score no more than 1 point, Fernando would have to score 14 or fewer points and Raikkonen would need to score at least 8 fewer points than Mark. Still, it's not nice to be snubbed when you could, in fact, be the one hauling off the silverware.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

David

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 08:00:20 PM »
Probably couldn't stomach that bloody stupid question.  :confused:

Offline Monty

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 08:26:37 AM »
Probably couldn't stomach that bloody stupid question. 

:DD

We shouldn't forget that he had suffered the KERS failure (again) and must have felt that he should have at least been in second spot.

Offline Irisado

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 10:07:44 PM »
We shouldn't forget that he had suffered the KERS failure (again) and must have felt that he should have at least been in second spot.

I suspect that he was fed up with how his race had unfolded, and that all the questions at the end were being directed towards Vettel and Alonso.  I'm glad that he apologised though.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 07:14:31 AM »
Aussie grit at his best.. Probably apologized because of peer & sponsor pressure..

If I remember correctly, Sir JYS once said, there lack of character in these days among driver, perhaps Webber could prove him wrong. Though I know this can only be harmful for the Aussie, as because such distractions are punished in a passive manner within a team.

Though I guess who were bored with the race found something to talk about..
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle