collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 613
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Schumi 'not expecting' flying finish  (Read 1783 times)

Offline Dare

Schumi 'not expecting' flying finish
« on: October 29, 2012, 01:48:23 PM »
I can't get why with all available too Mercedes why they could'nt
come up with a a half decent car?Bet Nico and MS wonder too.I'm
wondering if Lewis is having any 2nd thoughts

Planet F1

Michael Schumacher reckons his Formula One career will end with a whimper and not a bang given how this season has panned out so far.

Schumacher's third and final season with Mercedes was dealt yet another blow on Sunday when the German retired from the Indian Grand Prix. That, though, was the end of his woes and not the start.

Earlier in the race the 43-year-old suffered a puncture and faced yet another stewards investigation, this time for ignoring the blue flags that are waved when a backmarker is about to get lapped.

It was yet another dismal Sunday in a string of dismal Sundays that has marred the German's final season in Formula One. So much so that he has ruled out ending his career on a high in the next three races.

"It would be nice, very clearly, but I'm not expecting it. Therefore I'm not very sentimental about it," said the seven-time World Champion.

"As long as I can fight for top positions then I will do my job as much as I can and try to help and support the team and get things ready for them for next year as much as possible.

"But other than that, it's kind of a normal job."

Sunday's DNF meant Schumacher has now failed to score in 10 races, eight of which he retired from.

"It's not a very good statistic quite honestly," he said.

"It's 17 races we have done, eight retirements, so 50 percent retirement. That's not a statistic I'm used to."

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Scott

Re: Schumi 'not expecting' flying finish
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 03:34:11 PM »
Wonder who will be around longer in F1 - Lewis or Mercedes.   :DntKnw:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Irisado

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 10:20:20 PM »
His whole weekend looked like it was one of a man resigned to a midfield swansong.  In view of how Mercedes seem to be going backwards, I can't say that I'm overly surprised.

I suspect that they're devoting all their resources to next year's car, for when Hamilton arrives.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 07:25:44 AM »
Does not it seems a reasonable way? They wanted a win in this season they got it, with a few podium finishes. I guess as they are devoting all their efforts in next year's car, I would say keep your pick away from Mercedes in GG, because they will be fighting Caterham in the next few races..
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle