collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 585
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Circuit of the Americas track layout  (Read 5522 times)

vintly

Circuit of the Americas track layout
« on: November 07, 2012, 12:17:27 PM »
Found this nice elevation image of the track. I like the look of the first and last corners.

Offline Ian

Re: Circuit of the Americas track layout
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 04:01:22 PM »
We shall see vintly, we shall see, at least those with sky sports will.  :tease:
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 04:11:51 PM »
I just read that the maximum capacity of the track is 120,000. That's almost exactly the attendance at the smallest U.S.G.P. at Indy.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

vintly

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 04:18:35 PM »
I just read that the maximum capacity of the track is 120,000. That's almost exactly the attendance at the smallest U.S.G.P. at Indy.
Isn't 120,000 Texans is about 175,000 reg'lar folk?

We shall see vintly, we shall see, at least those with sky sports will.  :tease:
Might be worth getting Sky just for November Ian?

I've just realised with some horror that I've agreed to go on an archery day on the 17th for a friend's birthday (everyone's 40 this year). I've got Sky SPorts but on Virgin so don't get the benefits of Sky Go. BUT - I've also just noticed that Virgin Media have launched a TV Anytime app, similar to Sky Go, that allows you to watch all the channels including Sky Sports on the move! Archery whilst watching F1 could be interesting...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tech/news/a436325/virgin-media-launches-tv-anywhere-online-mobile-app.html

Offline Ian

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 04:25:01 PM »
No way I'll pay for sky, I'll just try the link.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 08:16:57 PM »

Track looks good,  :yahoo:
............. and having Virgin package that includes Sky F1 looks even better.  :P

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Ian

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 08:23:33 PM »
Double one John  :P  :P

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 09:06:49 AM »
Looks like Cos will be never convinced about this track. And he shouldn't, because its just because of clash of ego, is preventing hosting F1 in Indy, which is a shame.

But apart from that, this track looks a lot like the Indian Buddh circuit, which may result in RBR domination and bad news for Alonso. And Red Bull have run a lap or few here, during the construction, which may have given some vital age, which can be said for Lotus as well.

Should be a great one, the only problem will be for my parents, they might have hard time understanding why I will be shouting and swearing in the middle of Living room in the middle of the night  :D
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Scott

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 12:14:54 PM »
Actually, my biggest complaint about Indy was that aside from the banking, it was completely flat.  With regards to the gradients, this Austin track looks amazing.  I look forward to seeing it in action. 

I still do however think it is absolutely retarded that the F1 circus doesn't go to Indy, which even if it isn't the best track in the US for F1 (the track isn't too bad, and there is plenty of room for modification),it certainly is the best facility.   :DntKnw: :DntKnw: :fool:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Ian

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2012, 12:20:58 PM »
I'll bet the facilities are better than Monza eh Scott, nowhere there to even wash your hands after using the wonderful portaloos.

Offline Scott

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2012, 12:37:54 PM »
I'll bet the facilities are better than Monza eh Scott, nowhere there to even wash your hands after using the wonderful portaloos.
  It was disgusting.   :sick:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2012, 12:41:49 PM »
Silverstone is fairly flat. So is Sebring. they are both great tracks. If the changes proposed in 2005 had gone through there would have been some elevation change.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2012, 09:10:48 PM »

Silverstone has become the only track capable of hosting F1, doesn't make it a great track just an Historic one as it has been hosting F1, off and on, since the start. Silverstone kicked off the 1950 season by hosting the first ever Formula 1 world championship race.

However if you've ever seen GP races at both Brands Hatch and Silverstone, as I have, you would definitely put Brands head and shoulders above pancake flat Silverstone. Up until Bernie forced the changes of a new up to date pits complex on the BRDC the track still resembled an airfield perimeter road rather than a race track. Bit more variety now, but still not a classic in Spa or Brand Hatch terms.  :(

« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 09:17:11 PM by John S »
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2012, 10:53:57 PM »
Actually, I like the original layout better. The idea of maintaining very high speed around the circuit was a real challenge. Flat is not always bad, Monza is almost completely flat. Still, I have seen F1 at Brands and it is a great track. A shame it and places like the Glen are no longer on the schedule.
Lonny

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2012, 11:21:08 PM »
A great track is never judged with elevation, its something that gives many circuit a bit of their own. As mentioned many tracks does not have much of an elevation change yet they are best in the world.

I dream a dream of watching F1 in Laguna Seca or Infinity Raceway (Though people say, none have the facility to host a F1 race, but that should not stop me from dreaming, should it?)
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle