collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 378
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: ‘Fernandes to step down as Caterham Team Principal’  (Read 2825 times)

Offline Jericoke

‘Fernandes to step down as Caterham Team Principal’
« on: November 07, 2012, 08:06:41 PM »
http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/286887/fernandes-to-step-down-as-caterham-team-principal/

Fernandes has decided he's the guy to found an F1 team, but not the guy to figure out how to get an extra 1/10 of a second each lap.

He says:  “I know who it will be - and can tell you that today as I had confirmation earlier. I cannot tell you their name yet. All I can say is that they are from within F1.”

So... who would it be?  Is he promoting from within?  Is there a #2 at a current team looking to step up?  Is it a former team principal? 

Perhaps one with a history of success with a smaller team who has been suspended and then reinstated?

Offline F1fanaticBD

Re: ‘Fernandes to step down as Caterham Team Principal’
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 06:22:57 AM »
I think he just realized that being a team principal means a lot more than just a good businessman, when you are an aspiring team, who has promises and resources for success.

Wonder who will fill in the position..
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Online John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 09:27:44 AM »
I think he just realized that being a team principal means a lot more than just a good businessman, when you are an aspiring team, who has promises and resources for success.

Wonder who will fill in the position..

You're right of course BD to say there is more to being Team Principal, but I think it's a time thing for Tony. Unlike one or 2 other Team Principals Tony has a burgeoning and succesful business empire to run alongside his F1 activities, rather than just seeking solace in the sport he uses it to drive other ambitions.  ;)

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Irisado

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 09:54:31 PM »
I tend to agree.  I think that he wants to see the team move forward, but probably can't find sufficient time to dedicate to leading the process himself, so it makes sense for him to stand down if that's the case.
Sońando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 05:08:06 PM »
I am pretty impress by this teams approach, and management till now, I hope they make the great jump to the midfield next year..

The other two new-comers have certainly struggled a lot, probably be put on sale in the next year..

Ooops, looks like we already have HRT on the list..
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle