collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 145
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11251 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: GPWizard Advent Competition 2012  (Read 33141 times)

Offline Wizzo

GPWizard Advent Competition 2012
« on: November 30, 2012, 12:35:28 PM »
Its that time of year when we are full of festive cheer and we wish goodwill to our fellow man. A time when we should forget about the world's troubles and unite in spirit and celebrate Christmas and all that it stands for.

Well you can forget about all that nonsense! You are about to embark on our traditional trip through one of the most devious, dark and frustrating events of the year. I lovingly call it - The GPWizard Advent Competition.

The Competition (Please read carefully)
Every day for the first 24 days in December a Question or Letter will be placed on the GPWizard Advent Calendar (navigation at the top of the page). Answers to the questions also represent a letter. i.e Answer = Jenson Button then the letter for the day will be either 'J' or 'B'. This will be clearly indicated on the day.

The aim is to collect 24 individual letters and rearrange them into a Christmas sentence.

Once you have the complete sentence you will need to PM me with your answer. It is in your interest not to post your answer on the site as members who have not been following the competition will all know your answer.

I will only accept answers received on 24th December.

If you miss a question or letter, then you can still try and complete the sentence, it will just be a little harder for you. There may even be a bonus letter day, (if you're lucky). Any questions or comments? Please post them below for all to see.

The Prize - Red Bull Cap signed by both Sebastian Vettel & Mark Webber

The Rules
* One Question or letter will be placed on the advent calendar per day.
* Answers to each Question will represent a letter i.e if the answer is Jenson Button then the letter for the day will be either 'J' or 'B' as indicated on the day.
* The completed Christmas sentence must be PM to me on 24th December - all   submissions before or after this date will be dismissed.
* If more than one correct entry is received then the winner will be chosen at random. I cannot accept the first correct answer given as this would be unfair due to the different time zones.

Good luck everyone...It's going be a good one!

Wizzo

General Disclaimer: This competition is for recreational use only. Use only as directed. Any members resembling a real person, either living or dead is purely coincidental.  Do not play this game while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. If you are injured during this game then apply an appropriate lotion to the affected area. If the condition persists, consult your physician. All models are over 18 years of age.  Slippery when wet.  Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. You must be present to win. Keep away from fire or flame. Not recommended for children. Decision of judges is final.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 03:45:08 PM by Wizzo »

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Ian

Re: GPWizard Advent Competition 2012
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 01:18:48 PM »
Arrgh, valium, valium and more valium.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 01:23:14 PM »
Like the disclaimer Ian? I had you in mind when I wrote it!  ;)
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Wizzo

Offline Ian

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 01:33:51 PM »
 :DD  :DD  :DD How many newbies you reckon will have a breakdown then Wiz. I think I'm over 18, just.

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 01:53:52 PM »
I'm trying for the 100% record this year Ian.

Wizzo

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 02:44:02 PM »
One problem, Wizzo. How can we PM our answers on the 24th when that's three days after the Mayans say the world will end? Of course, by the 21st, most of us in the Advent Competition will be ready for the end of the world!  :crazy:
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 03:38:47 PM »
One problem, Wizzo. How can we PM our answers on the 24th when that's three days after the Mayans say the world will end? Of course, by the 21st, most of us in the Advent Competition will be ready for the end of the world!

Blooming clever those Mayans. How did they know about the 2012 Advent Competition way back then?  :D

Wizzo

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 06:00:39 PM »
Probably Ian told them, after they promised to give him a few lets say Mayan pit babes... ;)

Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 10:58:09 PM »
Probably Ian told them,

That makes Ian older than Methuselah, BD.  :o
- Mind you that sounds about right.  :D :tease:

:stop: Oh No!  :fool: - See Wizzo's Advent comp is making us all go  :crazy: before it's even started.  >:D

« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 10:59:42 PM by John S »
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Williamsfan

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2012, 08:44:00 AM »
T'is the season of much frustration once again!

Offline Scott

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2012, 08:46:03 AM »
 :'( :'( :'(
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Ian

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2012, 10:26:13 AM »
I feel like it sometimes too John.  ;)

David

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2012, 04:08:27 PM »
Oh no the first one melted my head for 10 mins!  :confused:

Offline Ian

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2012, 05:59:56 PM »
Bring it on Wiz, we're up and ready for it.  :P

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2012, 06:10:19 PM »
Cheer up, lads! Things could be worse. Remember the year we had to hunt for the letters?  :confused:
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle