Everything Else > Cool Stuff

The Skys the limit for HD TV

(1/8) > >>

Wizzo:
That distant rumbling is the sound of a web stampede racing over to Sky’s HD website – it’s just announced pricing for the service and is taking pre-orders for installations in May.

The HD Box costs £300, with the subscription adding an extra £10 a month to your existing Sky digital subs.

Your existing channels package will then determine which high-def channels you get – the HD versions of Sky One, Artsworld, National Geographic, Discovery and Sky Box Office will be available for everyone, but to get Sky Sports and Movies you’ll need to be subscribing to their equivalents in your digital package.

This means that if you’re an existing subscriber and want to get all the HD channels you’ll be paying a hefty £52.50 a month. New customers can get a slightly cheaper deal for the first three months thanks to Sky’s introductory offer.

To pre-order you need to pay a £30 deposit by midnight on 5th April – Sky will then call you back to get it installed in May.

Neil.P:
Wizard,
I think 99% of Skys programs are sub-standard anyway.   They will never get a single penny out of me! :D

What say you?

Neil.P

Wizzo:
Totally agree Neil,

I used to pay for Sky a long time ago. I cancelled and have never looked back. If you want more channels that you'll never watch - get a freeview box.

I can think of better ways to waste my money.  ::)

Slugger:
£52.50????  :o

There must be better ways to spend 50 quid a month to watch mostly crap.

I know, 50 quid to use a public lav hows that? Sound like a money making scheme to me  :yahoo:

Neil.P:
Blimey Sluggs, that'd have to be one plush khazi :D

Neil.P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version