collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 668
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: The return of Kimi in 2012 in words  (Read 1717 times)

Offline F1fanaticBD

The return of Kimi in 2012 in words
« on: January 02, 2013, 11:23:03 AM »
Kimi Raikkonen's Formula 1 comeback was one of the biggest stories of the 2012 season.

He finished a remarkable third in the world championship and even flirted with a title tilt at times, winning the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix to cap a remarkable year.

While the Finn is famous for being monosyllabic, he still came out with plenty of memorable comments over the course of the season.

Kimi Raikkonen: 2012 in quotes

"There has always been talk about the motivation, but the people who write it don't even know me. There's always sh*t going on and I don't mind if people want to write it. What can I do? I would have stopped if I felt that I didn't have the motivation."

Telling AUTOSPORT pre-season that he has no problems with motivation

"I feel comfortable here which helps me to focus on racing; I guess that's why people seem to think I'm a different person, but I'm just as focused and motivated as before."

Free to express himself at Lotus after the first two races of the year

Kimi Raikkonen on the Valencia podium"If you asked me before the start of the season whether I would be happy with podiums I would have said yes, but now I've had some good results, I want more."

Wanting wins mid-season

"I have no reason to say I wouldn't try. I'm not here just to drive around."

Trying to win the world championship

"People always say there's something special about me and Spa. I like the circuit but I wouldn't put my money on myself this year or any other year, even though I've won there before. It's not like I'm much better there than anyone else!"

Downplaying his Spa prowess despite his four Belgian Grand Prix wins

"He kept coming left more and more. I tried to go further left but I had nowhere to go."

Explaining the clash with Fernando Alonso at the start of the Japanese Grand Prix

"I would rather be out of second or third place so I don't have to go to the prizegiving."

Hoping that he wouldn't have to go to the FIA prize gala... something he ultimately did have to do!

Kimi Raikkonen wins in Abu Dhabi"Leave me alone. I know what I'm doing."

Asking for peace over the radio while leading the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

"Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes. I'm doing it all the time."

Insisting that he didn't need reminding to keep his tyres warm during the safety car period in Abu Dhabi

"I'm happy, but there's nothing to jump around about."

Celebrating his first grand prix win since Belgium 2009 in Abu Dhabi

"Where I went off, you can get back on the track by going through the support race pitlane, but you have to go through a gate. I know this as I did the same thing in 2001 and the gate was open that year. Somebody closed it this time. Next year, I'll make sure it's open again."

[Autosport.com]

Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle