collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 659
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: GPWIZARD - MAJOR UPGRADE  (Read 19413 times)

Offline Wizzo

GPWIZARD - MAJOR UPGRADE
« on: February 10, 2013, 01:30:10 PM »
You may have noticed a few changes??  ;)

GPW is undergoing a major upgrade and you will be seeing a lot of changes over the next few hours/days. Rest assured you can post in the normal way whilst I am working in the background.

Any problems then let me know and I will add them to my enormous 'to do' list.

Thanks guys.

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

vintly

Re: GPWIZARD - MAJOR UPGRADE
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 02:08:56 PM »
Cool cool. Any new features coming on board Wiz?

Offline Ian

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 05:22:18 PM »
Hmm, not sure I like it Wiz, probably because I'm an old dinosaur and don't like change, seems too much like other forums I've looked at and disliked because of the format.  :nono:
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Ian

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 05:28:19 PM »
Plus where are the adverts that we can use to bring income to you, I also liked the 'Last Clicked,' I found many a topic there I'd forgotten and found hilarious.

Offline Ian

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 05:31:34 PM »
A big also. Where has the chatroom gone? Sorry, a great big no no from me  :nono:

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 06:01:35 PM »
Wait wait and wait.

Give me time to try and get things back to normal. It will never be exactly the same as the software I was using have decided to call it a day and close down.

It was hard enough finding an upgrade that passed across all the posts and members with their passwords.

Wiz
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Wizzo

Williamsfan

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 06:07:01 PM »
Can't be easy Wizzo, switching software never is, the old one was great so that is unfortunate.  We'll all get used to it in time.  Change is good, right?!

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 06:10:06 PM »
First of all, I just realized what gobsmacked means, when I got hold of my beloved forum. Well, despite Ian's complain, I am really relishing the new looked GPW. I think Ian is complaining because he cannot see the Pitbabes on the left hand side ;)

But I do agree with certain points, one I really liked that last click option, that was really a key to the treasure called GPW, and if there is no chat room, well I don't even want to imagine it. And the text area looks a bit clumsy, if you can set aside the calender on the left side beneath the search then it will be much better, where post will be shown a bit in good sort of way.  I hope you sort this things out, if possible.

And finally a great congratulation for the hard work you have put into this site, and also to all of them who helped you to get this done. And how can I not thank Mrs. Wiz for ensuring the well being of our Wizzo.

Wonder what does Hidden means, and if it shows that someone is hidden, then how come he or she be hidden in the first place. :fool:
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Ian

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 07:31:46 PM »
Ok Wiz, I can understand the problems you face, sorry my friend but I believe in being honest, I'll stick with it of course, tooo many friends on here not to.  :good:

Offline Scott

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 08:46:31 PM »
Bring it on - we'll sort through it.  :good:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 10:12:32 PM »
Just as long as you don't put a turbo on it.  ;)
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Irisado

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2013, 11:17:47 PM »
I like the changes.

Ian: The problem is that there was always going to have to be an upgrade at some stage, because SMF (the forum software) is no longer going to be supporting 1.x versions of the forum soon.

This is 2.0 I think, based on how looks compared to other fora I'm a member of which use it, and I think that it's really nice.  It's very similar to the old one, just a more up-to-date look.

Wizzo: Just a few things I've noticed:

1. The coding for the admin stars is broken, and needs updating.

2. The side bar with user info cannot be closed at the moment, and it used to be an option to do so.  Could we have that option back?

3. The font size default in the message box when typing replies is enormous.  Could it be set back to the previous default size?

Otherwise, it looks really good, thank you :).

Edit: Found another thing.  The online light is showing as text 'online' instead of lighting up green.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 11:26:14 PM by Irisado »
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2013, 11:50:13 PM »
Plus where are the adverts that we can use to bring income to you, I also liked the 'Last Clicked,
Ads are back and working. The 'last clicked' was a feature of the software that sadly no longer exists. Sorry Ian there is nothing I can do about it but hopefully some of the new features will make up for it.
Where has the chat room gone?
Working on the chat room matey. I have set up a temp chat (shoutbox) in the left column until all is sorted.

he cannot see the Pitbabes
I have a space for the pictures but I haven't even thought about the gallery function just yet. It will take time to get every picture back on line.

The coding for the admin stars is broken
Sorted

The side bar with user info cannot be closed
This should collapse if you click on the top right corner. Mine does and I've checked that this is enabled. Let me know if you/anyone still has a problem with it.

The font size default in the message box when typing replies is enormous
Working on it..several other forums are complaining of the same problem.

The online light is showing as text 'online' instead of lighting up green
Sorted

Nobody mention the logo for the moment pleeeeease.

Thanks for your kind words/offers and input.

Wiz

Wizzo

Offline PG_Gabriel

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2013, 03:48:07 AM »
I think Ian is complaining because he cannot see the Pitbabes on the left hand side ;)

:good: That's my only complaint so far. Looks great Wiz! I am enjoying it so far!

Offline Andy B

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2013, 08:01:46 AM »
I like the new layout and the "Recent unread topics" is very usefull. Keep up the good work Wiz.  :good:
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle