collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 354
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Australia begins the fiesta  (Read 6354 times)

Offline Irisado

Re: Australia begins the fiesta
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2013, 03:53:40 PM »
After an exciting wet Q1, the rest of the weekend was pretty predictable, and the only saving grace was that Vettel didn't win.  A Raikkonen victory is only slightly less awful (from my perspective).

The only highlight for me was Sutil's performance, which was very impressive, and definitely justified Force India's driver choice, although Bianchi drove very well for Marussia (only 1 lap down with no safety car was a good result for them).

The rest was very dull, and very uneventful for an Australian Grand Prix.  Rain was needed.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Monty

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2013, 05:06:14 PM »
I want to add FIF1 as a villain if not a zero.
Why did they bring Sutil in for super softs when they did?
His lap times on the Mediums were still OK. Surely if they had brought him in with just 2-5 laps to go he would have actually got an advantage (low fuel, rubbered-in track, etc.).
I haven't done the maths but my gut tells me he may have got a podium - he certainly would have been nearer the front than where he finished with his completely wrecked tyres.

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2013, 05:40:29 PM »
You are correct guys,  the official times show Kimi pipped Vergne on lap 56.

Kimi Räikkönen   Lotus-Renault   56   1:29.274
Jean-Eric Vergne   STR-Ferrari      50   1:29.498

The Grid Game has been adjusted accordingly and points recalculated.

Wiz
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 05:53:14 PM by Wizzo »
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Ian

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2013, 05:48:43 PM »
Rain sure was needed Irisado, would have helped my GG too.  ::)
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2013, 04:16:24 AM »
I think it was a bit of a psychological thrust by Kimi, "oh hey fellas I could be going faster if any of you could push me.". I will be very interested to see if he goes as well next week.
Lonny

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2013, 06:49:54 PM »
I am sure Adrian Newey is scratching of the remaining hairs in his head, to keep the Hungry Heidi's appetite for tire in check.

Did Vettel know it would be that hard on the tires? But RBR's downforce is still ominous

Could not have asked for a better start, but for god's sake Mclaren do something with the car.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Williamsfan

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2013, 08:20:06 PM »
I still cannot get past quite how bad the Williams was.  Maldonado was a disaster in both qualifying and the race (who would have guessed he wasn't the rookie in the team).  I thought Bottas and all the rookies deserved credit for how well they drove.  But personally Bottas was most pleasing, a mature drive in a car that really appeared awful at that track with those upgrades.  Make it right Coughlan, please.

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2013, 07:35:59 AM »
Actually as Bottas mentioned they were about to change a massive set-up change planned for FP3, but due to wet weather they could not do it, which compromised their pretty much. I think Williams will still be a good runner, because unlike McLaren they didn't made radical changes to FW35 from FW 34, so its all about getting the set-up right. They were asking for some time before they were sure about their two aero-setup, which the rain ruined totally. Yeah drastic measure are required, but it not all doom and gloom as Mclaren

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2013, 10:18:08 AM »
but it not all doom and gloom as Mclaren

:nono: More like suicidal tendencies.  :D 

When a Williams struggles to keep ahead of a Minardi(oops Freudian slip) Marussia, without mechanical failure, then doom and gloom is the least of their worries.  ;)
Embarrassment and shame are more the correct description.  :tease:  :D

« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 03:52:09 PM by John S »
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Irisado

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2013, 12:05:43 PM »
Or maybe it's a reflection on how much Marussia has improved as well ;).  Note that Williams had a terrible car in 2010, but were still miles ahead of the Marussia.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2013, 08:29:06 PM »
If there is an improvement of Marussia, that is only in the hand of Jules Bianchi, because other car of the team, in the hand of Max Chilton was no way near the Williams. The initial program of Luiz Razia's drive would not have resulted drawing comparison with Williams. Marussia got themselves a bargain with this guy. I am sure he will be the replacement of Felipe Massa in Ferrari in 2015-2016 season

Offline Irisado

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2013, 08:46:55 PM »
Chilton was badly delayed by a long pit stop for a replacement front wing, and damage check though, and then got held up by Van de Garde, so there were mitigating circumstances.  I do agree that Bianchi looks very impressive though.

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2013, 10:13:09 PM »
Taking nothing away from Marussia, rather congratulating them for choosing Jules, and preparing two cars which completed the grand Prix. If they keep this sort of form, I think Caterham have to swallow the 11th constructor place for sure. I think the KERS system is really working in favor of them.

Offline Irisado

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2013, 10:21:33 PM »
Caterham look in as poor a shape as I expected from testing.  Pic is solid, but I'm dubious about Van de Garde.  He looks a bit off the pace to me, so that's not going to help.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2013, 01:56:25 AM »
Personally, I think the biggest advantage that Marussia-Cosworth have over Williams and Caterham is their engines!  ;)
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle