collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 598
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Vettel wins Webber doesn't  (Read 12800 times)

Offline Dare

Re: Vettel wins Webber doesn't
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2013, 11:26:41 AM »
Why stay at Red Bull to have a seat in a winning car if your not
allowed to win.Any of the remaining first tier teams would have been
a better option for Mark.
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

vintly

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2013, 11:55:49 AM »

Would he have been able to win at Ferrari??

Offline Dare

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2013, 12:41:12 PM »

Probably not but at Mclaren and Lotus yes.He may have
gotten a occasionally win at Ferrari and would have
fulfilled most drivers secrets desire to drive in that red car
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Online Jericoke

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2013, 02:21:35 PM »

Probably not but at Mclaren and Lotus yes.He may have
gotten a occasionally win at Ferrari and would have
fulfilled most drivers secrets desire to drive in that red car

I think Kimi and Mark would make an excellent pair for Enstone!  Neither is afraid to mince words, and I think that Lotus is in a phase that if the drivers want to mix it up a little, they'd let them.  (How else to explain Grosjean remaining with the team?)

Offline Alonsofan

« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2013, 02:35:04 PM »
I'd love to see him in the same car as Alonso or Hamilton so they could teach him a few lessons. Red Bull have a real problem on their hands as they have no control over their driver and no way of controlling him either. Basically it means that whatever Vettel wants Vettel will get. Mark should have went to Ferrari!

I think Fernando and Hamilton would both show Vettel a thing or two in an equal setting. Lewis even managed it on Top Gear ;) I know he wouldn't but would love to see Fernando go round and beat them both ;)

Offline Monty

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2013, 03:07:25 PM »
I am afraid that Vettel really has decided to be the next Michael Schumacher. The problems are, I do not think he is actually the best driver out there (he has simply had the best car) and he hasn't earned any respect from peers or public which means he is rapidly making himself universally unpopular. This could hurt him in the PR stakes in the future and he might find that he loses support from sponsors and his employer.

Online Jericoke

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2013, 06:41:27 PM »
I am afraid that Vettel really has decided to be the next Michael Schumacher. The problems are, I do not think he is actually the best driver out there (he has simply had the best car) and he hasn't earned any respect from peers or public which means he is rapidly making himself universally unpopular. This could hurt him in the PR stakes in the future and he might find that he loses support from sponsors and his employer.

And why not?  Schumi was probably his hero growing up!  We don't get a lot of F1 gossip in Canada, but as near as I can tell, Michael Schumacher has all the money he'll ever need.  A loving, stable family, dream place to live, celebrity status when he wishes it, and quiet solitude when he needs it.

Who wouldn't want to follow in Schumacher's path?

I'm willing to bet that most of Schumi's rivals have even learned to forgive him.  (Obviously not DC though)

Offline Dare

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2013, 07:50:21 PM »

And why not?  Schumi was probably his hero growing up!  We don't get a lot of F1 gossip in Canada, but as near as I can tell, Michael Schumacher has all the money he'll ever need.  A loving, stable family, dream place to live, celebrity status when he wishes it, and quiet solitude when he needs it.

Who wouldn't want to follow in Schumacher's path?

I'm willing to bet that most of Schumi's rivals have even learned to forgive him.  (Obviously not DC though)

I think deep down Jeri that Monty sheds a tear or two
at the start of race when seeing that Michael is no longer
driving.

If MS wants solitude all he has to do is come to the US aand
probably any other F1 driver as well
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 08:02:56 PM by Dare »

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2013, 07:50:42 PM »
Why should he be expected to pull back when he has the opportunity to win?

Scott has beaten me to it, yours and 99% of everyone elses default assumption is that if they had pushed hard to the end then Vettel would have won, when in fact Mark had Vettel's measure for the majority of the race and more than likely would have maintained that to the end.  Vettel had already tried to get the team to get Mark to let him past, why? because he couldn't get past on merit. Everyone makes it sound like Vettel was the only one being held back by the team.

I can't possibly see how you can claim we all assume Vettel would win in a free for all.  :nono: Most of us who don't see it as all bad that Vettel made the move would simply like to see a proper fight for the position, we did get a bit of wheel to wheel excitement but it could have been a better spectacle if they were free to race each other.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2013, 08:13:52 PM »
One engine tuned down vs the other at full power isn't a proper fight for position.  The point I made wasn't that I wouldn't have rather seen them battle to the end, but if the team decided it was better to bring home a 1-2, it wasn't Vettel's place, or job, to counter that order.  He isn't team principal and should remember he's an employee.  Coulthard pointed out as much in his take on it.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Ian

« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2013, 10:45:26 PM »
Vettel's not good enough to be the next Schumi monty.  :tease:
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Cam

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2013, 11:18:03 PM »
Most of us who don't see it as all bad that Vettel made the move would simply like to see a proper fight for the position.

We did see a proper fight for position.  What do you think Webber was doing going from fifth to second at the start, staying out on intermediates for an extra two laps to get past Vettel, backing Vettel up so Hamilton could get past him (which worked), lapping immediately 0.3s faster when Vettel started whining.

As for what Vettel did being "not that bad", in a sporting sense I have never seen a bigger "f&^%k you" to ones team.  I think he's blotted his copybook irreparably, it may seem ok to the the fans, but I would imaging the entire pitlane (let alone the hand tha feeds him)  will be looking sideways at him for the rest of his career.
I am a lover of what is, not because I'm a spiritual person, but because it hurts when I argue with reality - Byron Katie

Offline Dare

« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2013, 12:04:23 AM »

Next Schumi?no way.Schumi had class which is something
Vettel doesn't nor never willhave

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2013, 03:21:27 AM »
Never observed any class in Schumi on the track. Away from the track sure but so does Vettel. The team has control of the ECU, so all they have to do is dial him down. If his max HP is less than Mark's from the git go let's see him win. As I said before, 3 time WDC or not I'd tell him if it happened again, he'd watch the next race from home. He is, in the end, an employee.
Lonny

Offline stealthhaggis

« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2013, 11:05:45 AM »
Never observed any class in Schumi on the track. Away from the track sure but so does Vettel. The team has control of the ECU, so all they have to do is dial him down. If his max HP is less than Mark's from the git go let's see him win. As I said before, 3 time WDC or not I'd tell him if it happened again, he'd watch the next race from home. He is, in the end, an employee.

I agree although if it was me I'd ban him for the next race. It's not the first time he has disobeyed team orders and done whatever he liked. If they do not show support for their other driver and the teams viewpoint he will know he can get away with it with a simple 'Oops I'm sorry, honest' every time!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle