collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 506
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Vettel wins Webber doesn't  (Read 12795 times)

Offline Wizzo

Re: Vettel wins Webber doesn't
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2013, 06:39:00 PM »
I love Sky's comment 'we don’t measure our success by viewing figures'  :DD :DD :DD :DD
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Ian

« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2013, 06:43:09 PM »
They never got any success in my house anyway.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2013, 07:18:46 PM »
The tracks in question

Sepang - Petronas will ensure there is race in this track

Abu Dhabi - Ferrari will use its veto power, if there is in any chance of pulling this off the calender

Bahrain - After all the debates last year, the race was still on because both McLaren and Mercedes has investments from this country, and they will pursue within their limits to make sure that it remains in their.

China - I don't need to stress how important this market is for almost all the brands that endorses F1 carnival.

My point is that as all these tracks are put in the calender, due to their might of economic power, and these will ensure that CVC will be economically benefit holding races in this venues, no matter how much you debate about their presence they will exist.

Another point is that I think F1 uses the number of Audience to attract the companies for endorsements, other than that it is hardly a figure that CVC at this moment can ignore, because it is making profits this way or the other, and that what matters to them now. Is it a good thing? Absolutely not, as I have mentioned in somewhere else in this forum, I would not have been a fan of F1 if my family had to pay any money to attain TV viewership. The drop of TV viewership has long term effect, and will certainly show them in the long run. Perhaps CVC think when they will reach that moment, they would have made enough, and left the sports.

Audience figures directly or indirectly influence every method CVC has of making money. This is why it is important to track - it may influence when CVC decides it can't make more money from the franchise.

I think the only time they will be leaving, when their earning will hit a dip. Yes TV viewers number will have a significant influence, but I think revenues from the TV will play a more important role. I think CVC is pushing it hard as because any significant drop of revenue will hit the TV channel first, and thus it may give CVC enough time to get out.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2013, 12:30:56 AM »
I think the only time they will be leaving, when their earning will hit a dip. Yes TV viewers number will have a significant influence, but I think revenues from the TV will play a more important role. I think CVC is pushing it hard as because any significant drop of revenue will hit the TV channel first, and thus it may give CVC enough time to get out.

Even when free-to-air was the predominant broadcast mode for F1, audience figures influenced how much TV companies were willing to pay. With the increase in pay TV, that link becomes direct - only through TV subscriptions (which people need to see pay TV) and advertising (which not only requires subscriptions, but people seeing them in order to buy the product to justify the ads) can the TV companies justify paying the Bernie fees. Without high audience figures, pay TV companies don't break even, so CVC takes a fairly immediate hit from people abandoning F1. Especially since it's emerging that the only thing most of the F1 fans who can pay for pay TV have in common is a love of F1.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle