collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 597
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Will Buxton's Response to Vettel  (Read 1784 times)

Offline PG_Gabriel

Will Buxton's Response to Vettel
« on: March 26, 2013, 05:08:10 PM »
I have always loved Will on TV, but have never read any articles by him. His response to the whole Red Bull incident is by far the best I have read. It is incredibly well written, and he makes some damn good points. Well worth the read.

http://willthef1journo.wordpress.com/2013/03/26/the-smiling-assassin/

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Re: Will Buxton's Response to Vettel
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 05:25:55 PM »

As usual Will has nailed the heart of this controversy.  :good:

And like Will the only real fault I find with Vettel is his refusal to stand by his own piggish selfish behavior, if you make the play at least man up and say you want to win at all costs. 
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 07:28:56 PM »
Great post by Will. 

It will be fun to see what actually happens at RBR by China.  Maybe it is time for Vettel to discard his happy-go-lucky media personality and announce he has never had any regrets.  Maybe it's time Mark takes him behind the motorhome and teaches him some manners.

Like Will said, what could be most interesting is to see how Horner gets him and the team out of this mess.   
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 09:32:26 PM »
I have to disagree with Mr. Buxton on several points. Most of all, his comment about Senna and Stewart. That sort of boorishness is precisely why many of us do not think highly of Senna (as recently discussed in another thread) and why Sir Jackie is one of the most respected figures in the sport.

I do agree that Horner needs to regain control of his team. I have no doubt that, if this doesn't happen, RBR will loose many points in the future with neither car finishing. I imagine that, put in the same situation, Webber will now chose to stick Vettel into the nearest wall.

I've been a large fan of Vettel since his first race. As of now, I see him as being all of Schumi's cheap side with far less talent.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 03:48:23 AM »
Buxton's idea of filling the cars up and racing lights to flag became history when Chapman painted his green car red and gold and put Gold Leaf markings on it. F1 is a business as much or more than a sport. If Horner decides racing is over because they need to save tires or fuel or equipment that should be the end of it. If Vettel gets away scot-free Horner might as well resign because he is no longer in charge. Personally I hope if this situation arises again that Mark takes him to the fence. Or if Horner has the stones, I rather like Bernie's idea of short fueling Vettel's car a race or 2.
Lonny

Offline stealthhaggis

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 03:08:04 PM »
Buxton's idea of filling the cars up and racing lights to flag became history when Chapman painted his green car red and gold and put Gold Leaf markings on it. F1 is a business as much or more than a sport. If Horner decides racing is over because they need to save tires or fuel or equipment that should be the end of it. If Vettel gets away scot-free Horner might as well resign because he is no longer in charge. Personally I hope if this situation arises again that Mark takes him to the fence. Or if Horner has the stones, I rather like Bernie's idea of short fueling Vettel's car a race or 2.
:good: Good ideas and I agree with you. If I had been Webber I would have said 'I'll take the little schnitzel off if he tries to pass me and it will be on your head Horner!' Worked for Hill in Spa 98! Except it was Jordan not Horner but the rest is pretty much accurate!  :D I hope next time Mark really fights for it rather than gives Vettel too easy a ride, he had the chance to clean him out a few times and didn't take it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle