collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 591
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Toby - The GPWizard Mascot  (Read 5802 times)

Offline Wizzo

Toby - The GPWizard Mascot
« on: April 14, 2013, 02:09:56 PM »
Mrs Wiz and I took Toby to his favourite beach in Norfolk this weekend. The weather was beautiful and this combined with beach life seemed to boost him with a surge of energy that enabled him to run around as if he had never been ill at all. It was lovely to see.

In the wee hours of Sunday he began to pace around so I let him out to do his 'business'. I noticed he was shaky and a little distant. He become worse and worse as the hours approached dawn and he soon found it very difficult to stand at all. We comforted him all night and never left his side and the ever faithful Toby always tried to wag his tail. When it was light we began to source an emergency vet but you may or may not know the mobile phone and broadband coverage in Norfolk is non existent, so this was not an easy task.

As we drove around Toby had several seizures which was very distressing for all. We finally found a vet about 10 minutes drive away and Toby was quickly put into a peaceful sleep at around 8.30am Today. We obviously stayed by his side and during this entire episode our brave Toby never cried once - not even a murmur during the seizures.

To say Mrs Wiz and I are devastated is an understatement. We have lost our constant companion, our house warmer but most of all we have lost a family member and a beloved friend.

RIP Toby 2005 - 2013

Wiz & Mrs Wiz

(The picture below depicts one of Toby's favourite pastimes. Digging up a big rock that will fit in his mouth, and then carrying it around until he finds a bigger one!)

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Ian

Re: Toby - The GPWizard Mascot
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 02:16:08 PM »
So sorry to hear that Wiz, please pass on my commiserations to Mrs Wiz, the only peace you can both take from this is that Toby isn't suffering any more. I know that all of us on GPWizard are thinking of you both now.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Dare

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 03:00:31 PM »
There's no words to let you know how sad this news
makes me feel Mrs W and Wizzo.Toby was with GPWizard
from the beginning and always at the race chats.Let all
the members join me in offering our condolences
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline greener_09

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 03:01:59 PM »
Really sorry to hear your sad news Wiz. We lost our dog last year after 8 years and i was devastated. They really do become part of the family and are sorely missed when their gone. Although it will be the last thing on your mind right now and you'll feel that Toby can never be replaced there are thousands of dogs out there who need homes. We got Jimmy from a rescue centre and it was the best thing we ever done the house was to quiet not to have a little dog running around. But all that can come in the future. Were all thinking about you at this time . Sorry mate

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 03:22:48 PM »

So sad to hear that Toby has left yours and all GPWiz members lives.  :'(

I just hope my nearest and dearest make my end as joyful and peaceful as you did for Toby. Can't think of a better thing than feeling the sea air in your lungs and the shoreline underfoot, - I'll pass on the rock carrying though if no one minds.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 04:36:50 PM »
So sad to hear Wizzo.  All the best to you both.  As Dare said, it was almost like Toby was a member of the board.  I'm sure he enjoyed his life with you as much as you did with him.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 04:43:21 PM »
How Dogs Got Their Name
Author Unknown

When God had made the earth and sky, the flowers and the trees.
He then made all the animals and all the birds and bees.

And then His work was finished, and not one was quite the same
He said I'll walk this earth of mine and give each one a name.

And so he traveled land and sea, and everywhere He went
a little creature following him, until its strength was spent.

When all were named upon the Earth, and in the sky and sea,
A little creature said, Dear Lord, there's not one left for me.

The Father smiled and softly said, I've left you to the end,
I've turned my own name back to front

and called you "Dog" my friend.

May Toby pest in peace.
Lonny

Offline Scott

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2013, 05:05:03 PM »
Really nice Lonny  :good: :good:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2013, 06:15:28 PM »
I'm so sorry for your loss but glad that Toby's last day was a happy one. We all think of Toby as part of the family here at GP Wizard. My most sincere condolences to you and Mrs. Wiz. Please be comforted in the knowledge that while the sadness of today will fade, the memories of all the happy times with Toby never will.

R.I.P., Toby.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Ian

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2013, 06:29:09 PM »
Really nice post Lonny.  :good:  :good:  :good:
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Warmwater

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2013, 10:31:59 PM »
Am close to tears myself, even though I never met Toby.
Heartfelt condolences, having lost several best friends over the years (and having 4 faithful companions at my side right now) we know the feeling.
Always remember the good times that you shared, and hope that he sends you a surrogate to carry on where he left off......
If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.” ― Mario Andretti.

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2013, 01:52:00 AM »
Toby is gone?  :'( I thought he would be there at least for few more days.

My condolences for Mrs. Wiz and Wizzo, I feel really sorry for you, because I know how much he meant to you, and in that way to us, the GPW family.

Can we have a banner with his photos, at least for this month if not more Wizzo? Because he may be beyond our reach, but his memories we will cherish forever.

To Toby, our beloved Mascot
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Andy B

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2013, 09:26:11 AM »
Dogs leave mud in your kitchen and paw prints on your heart!!

R.I.P. Toby
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

David

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2013, 01:17:08 PM »
Sorry for your loss Wiz. Your home will seem empty for a time without your friend, I know from experience. The worst thing about dogs and pets in general is we can never expect them to live as long as us. RIP Toby.

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2013, 07:49:46 PM »
Thanks very much for all your kind words. They really mean a lot to both Mrs Wiz and I and it goes to show that you really all are our true friends.

I have put a few pictures of Toby into the picture gallery so he will pop up every now and then.

If you want to see all the pictures of him then click here. Believe it or not, two of the pictures was taken on Saturday the day before we lost him.

Cheers again

Wiz & Mrs Wiz

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle