collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 356
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Views on the Chinese GP  (Read 11101 times)

Offline Alonsofan

Views on the Chinese GP
« on: April 14, 2013, 02:31:31 PM »
Apart from the obvious talent and mastery of Fernando here are my other views:

Button did very well to get the McLaren up to 5th
Nice to see Hulkenburg lead for a few laps again, think he is a quality driver
Shame Mark Webber "missed" with his rear wheel ;) Not a bad effort though  :DD
Oh and did i say how brilliant Fernando was? ;) lol

Offline Ian

Re: Views on the Chinese GP
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 02:56:05 PM »
Overall a great race, Alonso fully deserved the win, Webber, well, he defines bad luck doesn't he. Still can't see 9 drivers ignoring yellow's and DRS restriction.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline greener_09

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 03:14:02 PM »
I thought it was a pretty average race until Vettel pitted near the end and started chasing down Hamilton. I was on the edge of my seat for the last 2 laps. Thrilling stuff :yahoo:

Online Dare

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 03:42:22 PM »
I thought it was a average too.Glad to see Alonso
in a better car that RB[so far]

Webber's luck continues next race with a penalty
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Online Dare

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 04:29:07 PM »
Have to admit it was nice seeing Vettel off the podium

I still wonder how MS would be doing in the Merc?
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 04:34:35 PM »
Schumacher<Rosberg<Hamilton   :D
Lonny

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 06:32:58 PM »
An average race, made better by Vettel's end of race charge. Alonso drove a good race & deserved to win. As for Mark, I turn to the words of Leroy Jethro Gibbs, "Rule #39: There is no such thing as coincidence." At least not this dang many of them!

I'd like to give a well done to Jules Bianchi & Marussia-Cosworth. The new suspension seems to be working for them. Bianchi was even nipping at Maldonado's heels for a bit.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Alonsofan

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2013, 07:41:32 PM »

I still wonder how MS would be doing in the Merc?

DNF  :DD :DD

Williamsfan

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2013, 08:46:41 PM »
I think I viewed the Williams once, maybe twice.  Probably for the best it was so infrequent.  Hmm

Other than that, I was not so impressed by the race.  Alonso did a good job, as did Kimi.  Webber's luck continues to amaze me. 

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2013, 09:15:40 PM »
I just heard that today's win tie Alonso with Nigel Mansell for 4th place on the all-time wins list with 31. Next on the list is Senna with 41.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2013, 09:49:09 PM »
Re-watched via the NBC replay. I think Pirelli has done a good job of building the tires they were asked to build, but today I thought maybe they were too much of a factor. When the pitwall tells Vettel to let Alonso go, and Jens has to ask if he should fight Hamilton, it's maybe gone too far. The soft definitely needs adjusting, 5 laps is not enough. I would reckon a good driver should get 10 or so. 10 laps difference between compounds is better than 15+.  :DntKnw:
Lonny

Offline Irisado

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2013, 10:23:33 PM »
It wasn't a great race, but it was slightly better than the usual dry weather Chinese Grand Prix, mainly because there were different strategies at play, and the closing stages were tense.

Alonso was first class today, especially when you compare his performance to Massa's.  I thought Felipe would go better than that, based on his Friday speed, so the gap to Alonso was a surprise, although his first pit stop came too late.

Raikonnen also did well, in view of the the damage to his car, and Button was impressive, given how indifferent the McLaren still is.  Ricciardo also went very well, and I think that he looks to be increasingly the more promising of the two Toro Rosso drivers for a promotion.

Williams were poor again.  Their cars didn't finish that far ahead of Bianchi and Pic, which doesn't bode well.

Finally, I must confess to having smiled when Vettel failed to get onto the podium, and to laughing when that errant wheel from Webber's car almost hit Vettel's machine.  Not Mark's weekend at all.  Maybe he should borrow Vettel's car :D?
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Warmwater

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2013, 10:52:01 PM »
I fell asleep on the warm-up lap (1:00 am), and woke up 4 laps from the end.
So for me, it was a great action filled race!
If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.” ― Mario Andretti.

Offline Alonsofan

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2013, 08:00:58 AM »
I just heard that today's win tie Alonso with Nigel Mansell for 4th place on the all-time wins list with 31. Next on the list is Senna with 41.
I saw that too Cosworth  :yahoo: :yahoo:
He will be 3rd by the end of the season then  ;)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 08:04:37 AM by Alonsofan »

Offline Monty

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2013, 01:03:26 PM »
I agree with Lonny. I'm fed up watching cars busy not racing! Tyre management and pit strategy is getting really boring. If we have to persist with this format then I think the cars should be forced to run a minimum number of laps on each tyre. Imagine what would have happened if they were told they had to run at least 15 laps on the super-soft. It would have been like ice racing!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle